Author Topic: Minority students offered no-whites ‘safe space’ racial healing circle  (Read 831 times)

rangerrebew

Minority students offered no-whites ‘safe space’ racial healing circle
Drew Van Voorhis - San Diego State University •March 12, 2019

San Diego State University is set to host a “Racial Healing Workshop” for minority students and faculty later this month that aims to help students and professors of color get through college and career life.

“This intimate one and a half hour Racial Healing Workshop catered to students and faculty of color will be led by well-known professional Dr. Cheryl E. Matias,” state the student organizers of the event, the Marriage and Family Therapy Association, a recognized student organization under the College of Education.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/minority-students-offered-no-whites-safe-space-racial-healing-circle/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:13:01 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Kaka.

Fifty years ago, people were protesting segregation, and now they want segregation.
With some folks, there is never a right answer.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
De po bay-bays!

Meybe deys culd jist go back to Africa,whur dey kin be kings agin?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
De po bay-bays!

Meybe deys culd jist go back to Africa,whur dey kin be kings agin?
Ifn dey was kings, dere axes woundnta been shipped over here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Axeslinger

Well....I know where the most dangerous place on campus at SDSU is gonna be now.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson