Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke, Climate Change, and the End of the World  (Read 304 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Stream by Michael Brown 3/15/2019

I’m going out on a limb. I’m about to make a bold prediction. Contrary to the prognostications of Beto O’Rourke, the world will not end in 12 years. At least not by climate change. There. I said it.

Now, it’s possible that the Lord will choose to return in 12 years. But that’s another story.

In the age of climate change hysteria, the end-of-the-world clock is already ticking. And it’s ticking fast.

“The scientists are unanimous on this. We have no more than 12 years to take incredibly bold action on this crisis,” O’Rourke said. “Can we make it? I don’t know. It’s up to every one of us. Do you want to make it?”

Twelve years and counting to save the planet. Otherwise, we’re doomed.

Hyperbole and Mass Hysteria

Now, to make full disclosure, I am the opposite of a climate change expert.

I’ve never read a whole book on the subject. I’ve read only a handful of relevant articles. And to my knowledge, I’ve only had one expert on my radio show who addressed the issue (and that’s in more than 10 years of daily talk radio).

But I know enough to recognize hyperbole. I know enough to recognize appeals to mass hysteria. And this is certainly one of them.

I remember seeing a striking TV ad during one of Bill Clinton’s presidential campaigns. There was an elderly couple whose house burned down because the fire department arrived too late.

More: https://stream.org/beto-orourke-climate-change-end-world/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Beto O’Rourke, Climate Change, and the End of the World
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 01:38:44 am »
I saw clips of him waving his arms and twitching all herky-jerky as he pontificated his nonsense. Something's bad wrong with Robert Francis.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 02:02:12 am »
Here is another clip of Beto O'Rourke band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:03:28 am by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:52:32 am »
I saw clips of him waving his arms and twitching all herky-jerky as he pontificated his nonsense. Something's bad wrong with Robert Francis.

He's about as phony as they come.  He knows something about nothing.  He tries to imitate the way JFK talked. He's 'apologized' a couple of times.  Interesting that the Cruz camp never picked up on all of this?

The former congressman from Texas apologized Friday for jokes he made about his marriage, his teen hobbies, and his “white privilege” in the wake of criticism from Democratic activists who griped about the outsized attention O’Rourke had received in the media.

“I’ll be more thoughtful going forward in the way that I talk about our marriage,” O’Rourke promised in a podcast taped in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, referring to his campaign-trail comment that his wife Amy has raised their three children “sometimes with my help.”

It was the second apology for O’Rourke since he entered the race for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday.

On Friday, he admitted that he had joined a well-known computer hacking group as a teenager and wrote a fictional piece describing the murder of two children.

“Not anything that I’m proud of today,” he told the Texas Tribune. “I’m mortified to read it now, incredibly embarrassed.”

https://nypost.com/2019/03/16/im-incredibly-embarrassed-beto-orourkes-campaign-swing-turns-into-apology-tour/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 02:07:40 pm »
Interesting that the Cruz camp never picked up on all of this?

Reuters sat on the story for two years so it wouldn't hurt his chances against Cruz.
Principles matter. Words matter.