Author Topic: Weld insists he's not a Republican spoiler for 'socialite' Trump  (Read 175 times)

Online corbe

Weld insists he's not a Republican spoiler for 'socialite' Trump

by Daniel Jativa

March 16, 2019 03:06 PM

Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld took aim at President Trump on Saturday, declaring his intention to win the Republican primary.

The 73-year-old White House hopeful, who ran as the vice presidential nominee in 2016 for the Libertarian Party, said that he has the experience and the temperament needed to take on someone like Trump, whom he says fundamentally lacks the basic knowledge required by the office.

"Before he was elected president of the United States, he was a New York City and Palm Beach socialite judging beauty contests and employed in the reality television industry. That's no preparation, with all respect, for being the president of the United States," Weld said about Trump in a CNN appearance Saturday. "I'm not saying it's his fault. I'm saying he's kind of a fish out of water. I think as the campaign goes on, that idea is going to take root."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/weld-insists-hes-not-a-republican-spoiler-for-socialite-trump
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.