Author Topic: We Are At The Gates Of Civil War... And Nothing Can Stop It  (Read 2288 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We Are At The Gates Of Civil War... And Nothing Can Stop It
« on: March 16, 2019, 09:01:22 pm »
We Are At The Gates Of Civil War... And Nothing Can Stop It

by Tim Pool, (highly respected) alternative media journalist

Tim is associated with IDW

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

Re: We Are At The Gates Of Civil War... And Nothing Can Stop It
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 09:16:33 pm »
My (non political) daughter subscribes to PeiDeiPie(?) & describes it exactly as this guy does.

Basically, she feels as though she's being smeared by association with the shooter by the media.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:41:19 pm by skeeter »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 12:00:09 am »
My (non political) daughter subscribes to PeiDeiPie(?) & describes it exactly as this guy does.

Basically, she feels as though she's being smeared by association with the shooter by the media.

PewDiePie either is or recently was the MOST subscribed Youtube channel.

Swedish, living in England.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 12:35:56 am »
Tim makes some good points.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 01:40:58 am »
Tim makes some good points.

He pushed hard, on Twitter's CEO and legal officer. That was on Rogan just a few days ago.

Tim now refers to himself, as center-left. He is a fairminded, serious political journalist.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 01:43:19 am »
He pushed hard, on Twitter's CEO and legal officer. That was on Rogan just a few days ago.

Tim now refers to himself, as center-left. He is a fairminded, serious political journalist.

I watched the whole Rogan/Pool/Twitter thing.  It was illuminating.  They really think they are the good guys.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 02:55:06 am »
I've said we're probably only one single event away from SHTF time.

The media likes to stoke this crap, because it gives them a reason to exist.

Ever wonder why something like this hasn't already happened in, say, Dearborn, Michigan?  Baltimore, Maryland?

Because the American Right is not a bigoted 'monster' the media fantasizes about.  That's why.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 06:37:03 am »
Actually, outside the media's scope, regardless of labels and 'identities' there is a much larger group who identify as being "American", who really don't want to see the knee jerk folks on either side overrun the Constitution, balkanize the country, or foment outright violent conflict.
That scenario has no winners. The only way to win is not to play. Will that third faction prevail?
Or will the media succeed in stirring the pot to the point they tip it over? (To sell it to whom, exactly, if they destroy their largest market?)

Tune in next week....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 06:38:12 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 11:43:27 am »
Keep dreaming. Our trillion-dollar-a-year military will crush any attempt at civil war.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 11:57:54 am »
Keep dreaming. Our trillion-dollar-a-year military will crush any attempt at civil war.
With what? Hellfire missiles fired on university campuses?

Dreaming? Nope.

I'd prefer to avoid it by the media looking at the kooks and crackpots polarizing the country into little balkanized units and just walking away. If we could shut the shrill up for long enough for the adults to sit around and work on some serious answers to real problems instead of inventing a new way for this group or that group to be offended on a daily basis, there'd be some hope for this country. But the media keep poking the junkyard dogs of the respective movements and sooner or later, one is going to bite the other. Then, the S will HTF. How big, how nasty, how far reaching that gets depends on those of us who call ourselves "Americans" first, last, and always.

If we're lucky, the loudest of the instigators will take each other out, and we can get back to some semblance of reasonableness and normality.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 11:59:07 am »
goopo

It's true, our police forces, maybe "some of our police forces" are too militarized and armored. If they are not, I'm sure such forces can be called pretty quickly and a lot of that has to do with the fight against terrorism. Even Christchurch NZ looks like they were able to mobilize fairly fast, once they got the word.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 12:02:32 pm »
goopo

It's true, our police forces, maybe "some of our police forces" are too militarized and armored. If they are not, I'm sure such forces can be called pretty quickly and a lot of that has to do with the fight against terrorism. Even Christchurch NZ looks like they were able to mobilize fairly fast, once they got the word.
That's one shooter. Now try a whole neighborhood engaged in low intensity urban conflict.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 12:07:20 pm »
ATF, you know, we see how they acted in Waco, at Ruby Ridge and these government agencies are more powerful now because of 911, it's wrong but that is the way it is.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 12:13:37 pm »
ATF, you know, we see how they acted in Waco, at Ruby Ridge and these government agencies are more powerful now because of 911, it's wrong but that is the way it is.
Waco and Ruby Ridge were rural environments--advantage to those who surrounded ordinarily peaceful people.

Set them up in an urban 'hood with widespread opposition and it would look like Blackhawk down. Gangs are organized, have no compunction about using violence, armed, and it's their turf. They know it, and will use that to their advantage.
It is a war of attrition the alphabets would lose.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 01:21:04 pm »
Civil Wars require organization and there is none of that. The Left is fractured and the Right doesn't care enough to fight. The Left is divided between favored groups, primarily Blacks, Hispanics, LGBT and Muslims. Blacks and Hispanics don't like each other and Muslims hate LGBT. The fruits of Affirmative Action are being spread out among all the groups and self-identification has made it available to even the most cis of white men.
Even in NZ, there will be fractures. The government wants to ban weapons but the Muslims know they are defenseless without them. They essentially will be held hostage by the government. The government's solution will be government agents in mosques to "protect" them. How long will that be allowed?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 01:40:01 pm »

They can try. Unfortunately the military is fed with the very same tax dollars that would disappear if they started blowing up bridges, airports, factories, and skyscrapers.

That's just for starters.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 02:55:51 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

No,they won't. After the first deployment where they are ordered to open fire on protesters,most will desert or turn on their own commanders.

If you are SERIOUS about starting a Civil War in America,activating the NG to come in and start shooting citizens is a plan only beaten by calling on the standing army to do so.

BTW,Americans tend to shoot back.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 03:35:25 pm »
I’ve been seeing articles like this since 2008.  Who’s gonna fight this war, though?  The GOP in Washington who wouldn’t even repeal Obamacare?  Those warriors?  Or the people sitting behind keyboards?

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 05:40:48 pm »

Sure they will!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 06:23:24 pm »
Civil Wars require organization and there is none of that. The Left is fractured and the Right doesn't care enough to fight. The Left is divided between favored groups, primarily Blacks, Hispanics, LGBT and Muslims. Blacks and Hispanics don't like each other and Muslims hate LGBT. The fruits of Affirmative Action are being spread out among all the groups and self-identification has made it available to even the most cis of white men.
Even in NZ, there will be fractures. The government wants to ban weapons but the Muslims know they are defenseless without them. They essentially will be held hostage by the government. The government's solution will be government agents in mosques to "protect" them. How long will that be allowed?

You’re right wars require organization. What’s coming is probably more accurately called anarchy. Just a lot of people committing acts of violence for various reasons.

My only involvement will be in self defense.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 06:42:34 pm »
You’re right wars require organization. What’s coming is probably more accurately called anarchy. Just a lot of people committing acts of violence for various reasons.

My only involvement will be in self defense.

I would advise staying clear of college campuses, clusters of government buildings, public protests and demonstrations.

Don't engage in aurguments in public.I atttended this rally, and headed for the exits early. Glad I left early, since it went downhill.

"On the night of April 28, 2016, a Trump rally in Costa Mesa, California was met with a large number of anti-Trump protesters. The protesters became violent and began smashing car windows, even attempting to overturn a police cruiser, and one Trump supporter suffered a bloody gash to the face from a protester.[8] Down the street from where protesters were jumping on a police car, several protesters climbed a traffic light to shout "bleep Trump," and others began a mosh pit in the middle of the street.[9] The protesters also threw rocks at police lines and scuffled with Trump supporters leaving the event.[10] Traffic was backed up for hours due to the unrest and 20 people were arrested on numerous charges.[11]"

Not mentioned, but the protesters threw rocks on cars passing a bridge on the 55 freeway. Law abiding folks going home from work, unaware of the political violence.

The demonstrators looked to be high school and college ages.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 08:02:30 pm »
That's one shooter. Now try a whole neighborhood engaged in low intensity urban conflict.
We can blow whole neighborhoods to smithereens with less firepower than our strongest weapons. Especially if it's rebellion against the union.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 08:05:24 pm »
BTW,Americans tend to shoot back.
One EMP, one shutdown of the Internet, and Americans would be helpless.

@ABX had a pretty solid takedown a while back on how the government can and will neuter any rebellion before it becomes a problem. Civil war ain't happening.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2019, 08:26:25 pm »
One EMP, one shutdown of the Internet, and Americans would be helpless.

@ABX had a pretty solid takedown a while back on how the government can and will neuter any rebellion before it becomes a problem. Civil war ain't happening.

How about a VERY uncivil insurgency from sea to shining sea?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 09:46:15 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2019, 09:00:44 pm »
Waco and Ruby Ridge were rural environments--advantage to those who surrounded ordinarily peaceful people.

Set them up in an urban 'hood with widespread opposition and it would look like Blackhawk down. Gangs are organized, have no compunction about using violence, armed, and it's their turf. They know it, and will use that to their advantage.
It is a war of attrition the alphabets would lose.

Another model for what it might look like is the IRA. I remember how violent and unsettling that period was for the British.