Author Topic: Michigan's Big Brother Attorney General Will Crack Down Hard on Free Speech  (Read 405 times)

rangerrebew

March 16, 2019
Michigan's Big Brother Attorney General Will Crack Down Hard on Free Speech
By T.R. Clancy

"Know this: we are watching."

Who makes this kind of threat?  Reinhard Heydrich, the notorious SS general and chief of the Gestapo?  KGB head Vladimir Alexandrovich Kryuchkov?  Big Brother?

They all talked that way.  Last Friday, it was Michigan Department of Civil Rights director Agustin Arbulu's turn to say it.  He and Dana Nessel, the new state attorney general, announced plans "to increase the documentation and prosecution of hate crimes and incidents" in the state.

Not just hate crimes.  Hate incidents.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/03/michigans_big_brother_attorney_general_will_crack_down_hard_on_free_speech.html#ixzz5iLnhlmIO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
 42 U.S. Code § 1983. Conspiracy to interfere with civil rights

Every person who under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, Suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer's judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.
http://www.constitution.org/brief/forsythe_42-1983.htm
They tread on some really thin ice when it comes to First Amendment Rights.

Disagreement is not "hate" but the hatred of disagreement can manifest itself that way.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

This needs to be challenged in the courts
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

This needs to be challenged in the courts

Eventually it will be. Why else would the rats still have RBG propped up in the corner?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nessel is a member of the Democratic party. She is the first openly gay person elected to statewide office in Michigan.
Gee, who would've thought?  *****rollingeyes*****
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024