Author Topic: Steele admits he used posts from 'random individuals' on CNN website for Trump dossier  (Read 3595 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Does information leaked by Steele to the press count as "confirmed" when the FBI cites the resulting press accounts in the application?  Comey's FBI said it does.

I would not think so, but the dossier contained information about activities of Page, Agalarov, Manafort, and Gubarev. They were all known subjects of previous investigations.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

It may be to wait for the arrest and trial of the offenders. Putting the document in the press would bias potential juries.

So in the meantime, Trump is just letting all the others involved get arrested, charged, tried, convicted, and jailed for what reason?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

There’s the problem. If it is 100% false, there is no source or method to protect. The reason for the application remaining classified would be nonexistent.

I don't think the reasons for keeping this confidential has as much to do with protecting sources as much as protecting FBI agents and Lynch's DoJ from embarrassing revelations.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

I don't think the reasons for keeping this confidential has as much to do with protecting sources as much as protecting FBI agents and Lynch's DoJ from embarrassing revelations.

Trump has the final say on classification. Unless they have a firm hold on a dead man’s switch, there’s no reason to protect them.