Author Topic: Here's Why the Navy Is Deploying with a Bunch of Louisville Sluggers  (Read 291 times)

rangerrebew

Here's Why the Navy Is Deploying with a Bunch of Louisville Sluggers

15 Mar 2019
Military.com | By Gina Harkins

It's not often sailors get permission to take a baseball bat to a multimillion-dollar aircraft carrier.

But when the Navy's aircraft carrier Harry S. Truman sailed into the Arctic Circle for the first time in nearly three decades, its crew was ordered to do just that.
Veterans wanted at AIL Opportunity Unlimited puts you in control of your career.

The Truman sailed into the Arctic Circle on Oct. 19 to conduct operations in the Norwegian Sea. After years of operations in warmer climates, leaders had to think carefully about the gear they'd need to survive operations in the frigid conditions.

https://www.military.com/dodbuzz/2019/03/15/heres-why-navy-deploying-bunch-louisville-sluggers.html

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Here's Why the Navy Is Deploying with a Bunch of Louisville Sluggers
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 11:54:42 am »
Good for breaking ice off of purt'near anything, without doing the damage a metal implement would.

But this shows how far the AGW stuff has pervaded....

Rising temperatures are melting ice caps and opening sea lanes that weren't previously passable, Richardson said.

**nononono*

I'd hope he is aware of other Arctic forays in search of the NW passage, among other things, in a warmer weather cycle not so long ago (in geological terms, and even historical ones), like The Franklin Expedition .
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 05:45:26 pm »
Because they don't trust sailors to handle guns?

Do I win anything?   333cleo
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 06:14:10 pm »
Because they don't trust sailors to handle guns?

Do I win anything?   333cleo

Nope. :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis