Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke compares people fighting climate change to 'those who were on the beaches in Normandy'  (Read 443 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beto O'Rourke compares people fighting climate change to 'those who were on the beaches in Normandy'
By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Beto O’Rourke kicked off the first day of his now-official 2020 presidential campaign by comparing those fighting against climate change to American soldiers storming the beaches of Normandy during World War II.

The El Paso Democrat, who announced his decision to run for president on Thursday following months of deliberations after his failed Texas Senate bid, made the comparison during an Iowa rally in response to a question on climate change.

“How can we, who used to be the indispensable nation, be the only country that has removed itself from any obligation to work with anyone on perhaps the most pressing problem,” O’Rourke said, alleging that President Trump doesn’t believe in climate change.

“When you think about leadership, those who preceded us — those who were on the beaches in Normandy, those who faced an existential threat to Western democracy and our way of life, they showed us the way. We can all come together. We can unite. We can marshal the resources. And we can convene the countries of the world around otherwise unsolvable problems,” he continued.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-says-people-fighting-against-climate-change-are-like-those-who-were-on-the-beaches-in-normandy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Beto O'Rourke compares people fighting climate change to 'those who were on the beaches in Normandy'
By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Beto O’Rourke kicked off the first day of his now-official 2020 presidential campaign by comparing those fighting against climate change to American soldiers storming the beaches of Normandy during World War II.

The El Paso Democrat, who announced his decision to run for president on Thursday following months of deliberations after his failed Texas Senate bid, made the comparison during an Iowa rally in response to a question on climate change.

“How can we, who used to be the indispensable nation, be the only country that has removed itself from any obligation to work with anyone on perhaps the most pressing problem,” O’Rourke said, alleging that President Trump doesn’t believe in climate change.

“When you think about leadership, those who preceded us — those who were on the beaches in Normandy, those who faced an existential threat to Western democracy and our way of life, they showed us the way. We can all come together. We can unite. We can marshal the resources. And we can convene the countries of the world around otherwise unsolvable problems,” he continued.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-says-people-fighting-against-climate-change-are-like-those-who-were-on-the-beaches-in-normandy
:3:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Idiots abound!  Robert Francis is but one of them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It's even more dangerous for the climate warriors.  The nazi machine gun MG 42 has a muzzle velocity of 740 m/s, but the sun spits out UV bullets at 299792458 m/s.  /sarc

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
This won't be the last stupid thing Robert Francis says this election cycle as he wildly gesticulates and twitches his way along the campaign trial.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

On the beaches of Normandy, there was a clear objective and that was the defeat of the Nazis. How do we defeat climate change? What will unconditional surrender from the climate look like?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:04:53 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wouldn't worry about Beto.  The DNC will see that he's taken out of the race quickly.   They'll spend time and treasure elevating Biden and Harris.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
On the beaches of Normandy, there was a clear objective and that was the defeat of the Nazis. How do we defeat climate change? What will unconditional surrender from the climate look like?

I'd like the adherents to the climate religion see what they can do about those solar flares and sunspot activity, and the varying temperatures in the whole solar system for that matter. :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
There was a very credible scientist on with Levin that basically debunked the entire climate change nonsense.  If this should become an issue, this scientist, who was very convincing will become a very visible voice on the subject.  He was brilliant.

Basically, he said there were I believe 32 different models on climate change and that all but one was off in the weeds with bad assumptions, that being the Russian model.  LOL...no joke.

So, in reality, climate change is more like a silent earthquake.  You know, those earthquakes you can feel, but do zero damage and last but seconds.