Author Topic: Mike Lee, Mitt Romney vote to block Trump's national emergency declaration  (Read 2368 times)

Offline dancer

"This is a vote for the Constitution and for the balance of powers that is at its core. For the executive branch to override a law passed by Congress would make it the ultimate power rather than a balancing power," Romney said in a statement."

Mike Lee wants paid family leave and he want to fund it with Social Security funds!  What was that about the Constitution, Lee?
 22222frying pan

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't give a single rusty crap about Mormons.

Mike Lee has always been a reliable Conservative and has the record to prove it. And Rand Paul, while more of a libertarian in thought, ain't damn far behind.

Cruz is the one going wobbly.
Cruz had his bit to say, too. Made sense to me. Ex post facto laws aren't Constitutional either. Cruz's take was that the current declaration stands, but the law had to be changed to prevent (Democrat) abuse in the future.

Now, that makes sense, no matter who you are.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Axeslinger

Don't you mean Lee, Romney and Rand Paul ?  ALL RINO'S.  ZERO TO DO WITH CONSERVATISM.  How do you equate BORDER SECURITY..SAFETY FOR PEOPLE AND OUT SOVEREIGNTY WITH BEING..CONSERVATIVE? 

It is about SAFETY...FIRST.  SURVIVAL.  No wonder I had you on ignore.  Food for thought below. Pedophilia in LDS church?
@LegalAmerican

<Personal insult removed>
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 02:33:10 pm by Mod2 »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Cruz had his bit to say, too. Made sense to me. Ex post facto laws aren't Constitutional either. Cruz's take was that the current declaration stands, but the law had to be changed to prevent (Democrat) abuse in the future.

Now, that makes sense, no matter who you are.

That's the way I see it as well. (For about the tenth time now.)  Some people seem to have very misguided ideas about how this stuff is actually supposed to work in our Constitutional Republic.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Axeslinger

@LegalAmerican

<Personal insult removed>

@Mod2   You’re no dang fun!   â€˜sides, you know I was right!
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's the way I see it as well. (For about the tenth time now.)  Some people seem to have very misguided ideas about how this stuff is actually supposed to work in our Constitutional Republic.

@Bigun

The problem is we MUST stop it now because if we don't,there won't BE a future in America where is will be possible for us to change it.

I can't pin-point exactly when it happened,but we are already WAAAAY past the tipping point when it comes to saving America for us to be playing kissy-face with traitors. We either stop them NOW,or the next step is vigilantism because the next step will be playing kissy-face with them using hatchets.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

An end run around a progressive congress is a good thing. Without border security we will lose
the country if we haven't lost it already. The money was allocated legally to the military Trump
(Commander in Chief of US armed forces) is just directing the military to use it for the wall. All
perfectly legal and constitutional says our number one lawyer Bill Barr. The issue will no doubt go
to the SC where Trump will prevail.

Are so saying a commander in the field short of ammo can't use monies allocated for uniforms to
buy bullets? That just plain crazy.

Bullcrap.

Offline LegalAmerican

I'm pretty sure he off that list now. Rand Paul is catching holly hell from conservative Trump
supporters. He might have screwed up his 2022 chances.

I agree.  He WAS.....now he isn't.  I don't see he point, just because he was once interviewed. HE FAILED TWICE, NOW.
MiKe Lee is a liar.  I am happy Rand Paul is getting flak...I never trusted HOWDY DOODY.  BOTH LEE, PAUL ARE RINO'S...and NT'S...same as Mitt Romney.

Offline corbe

Normally I'd be offended by someone putting me in the same Orbit as Mitt Romney, considering I never voted for the guy (or your guy either for that matter but it's besides the point), @LegalAmerican just cause some of us don't drink the Orange Kool~Aid doesn't make us Haters!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I agree.  He WAS.....now he isn't.  I don't see he point, just because he was once interviewed. HE FAILED TWICE, NOW.
MiKe Lee is a liar.  I am happy Rand Paul is getting flak...I never trusted HOWDY DOODY.  BOTH LEE, PAUL ARE RINO'S...and NT'S...same as Mitt Romney.

Mike Lee is not a liar.  You (and I) may not agree with this decision, but that does not make him a liar.