Author Topic: Senate Dem calls on Trump to apologize for attacks on McCain  (Read 1699 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: Senate Dem calls on Trump to apologize for attacks on McCain
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2019, 07:57:15 pm »
Meghan McCain Rips Trump: ‘No One Will Ever Love You the Way They Loved my Father’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/16/meghan-mccain-rips-trump-no-one-will-ever-love-you-the-way-they-loved-my-father/

Yeah, I had a back-and-forth with a couple of Trumpbots on Twitter who couldn’t seem to grasp the concept that a daughter is going to defend her dead father regardless of politics.  One of them said she should run for office if she wants to do it, lol.  Weird that Breitbart considers it news. 
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2019, 07:59:34 pm »
Because the man is dead.  And I think Trump has already made his feelings about McCain known over and over again while McCain was alive.  He does not need to beat the guy up again now that he's dead.

So he should be silent about McStain's role in the apparent attempted coup because he's deceased?  Does that mean Pinochet gets a break too?

I reiterate:  I'm tired of Rat and Rat-lite scandals being buried be cause "it's too late anyway."  If somebody doesn't shine some sunlight, future miscreants will be embolded to do worse, as we've been seeing.

Trump has to risk being called a "bully" because the press is refusing to do the job they are supposed to.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2019, 08:02:01 pm »
   Alive or Dead, both are beneath the Dignity of POTUS.

This President has been credibly accused of paying off mistresses to keep quiet and has several major media outlets dedicated to his destruction.  I don't think anything is below that threshold of "dignity." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2019, 08:03:27 pm »
It goes both ways @corbe.  What John Sydney McCain did is beneath the dignity of a sitting Senator.

Good Point @libertybele but I still believe that two wrong's don't make a Right.   thanks maw

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2019, 08:08:48 pm »
Nope, it's not time to "leave him alone."  I'm tired of burying Rat scandals because "It's too late anyway."  This is how Hillary Clinton got off the hook.  McCain was a snake in the grass his entire political career, and that is a story that needs to be told.  If we don't cast some sunlight on nefarious deeds, they will never be disinfected. 

The MSM isn't about to do it.

:amen:

We should make a point of reminding people McCain was anything but a solid Pub conservative.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2019, 08:14:00 pm »
   Good Point @libertybele but I still believe that two wrong's don't make a Right.   thanks maw

True.  However, McCain drew first blood; he slung the mud and deserves to have some mud slung back.  That s.o.b. has done much to undermine conservatism.

Those who are defending him because he is dead, really need to stop and think that he tried to sink Trump and in essence he tried to seat Hillary.  What McCain did was unlawful, despicable, deplorable and he deserves for people to realize how detrimental he was to America. McCain disrespected his U.S. Senate seat, the GOP and Americans.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2019, 08:15:34 pm »
Because the man is dead.  And I think Trump has already made his feelings about McCain known over and over again while McCain was alive. He does not need to beat the guy up again now that he's dead.

Don't forget mccain went out of his way in planning his numerous funerals, processions, etc., to humiliate Trump. If mccain wasn't such a small minded, back stabbing, petty jerk in life he might deserve to not have his name dragged through the mud, but he was and his legacy should be the shame he brought on himself and his family. We should only honor those in death that deserve it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2019, 08:19:16 pm »
I remained respectful to his family while he was dying. I refrained as did many from relaying the negativity that surrounded this man.  That respect given to him at the time was a heck of a lot more than he showed to others.  No, I don't think people need to be silent anymore. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2019, 10:01:26 pm »
It goes both ways @corbe.  What John Sydney McCain did is beneath the dignity of a sitting Senator.

"Dignity" and "sitting senator" have been mutually exclusive terms for a good 30 years.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2019, 11:21:55 pm »
There's a reason why, when something is said "against" McCain, the first to defend him is... a democrat-communist.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2019, 11:37:44 pm »
@mystery-ak
@libertybele

I remained respectful to his family while he was dying. I refrained as did many from relaying the negativity that surrounded this man.  That respect given to him at the time was a heck of a lot more than he showed to others.  No, I don't think people need to be silent anymore.

I suspect that we will eventually learn more about some over-the-top nasty stuff that McCain did.  Unabashedly extrapolating what I already know about McCain--and also admittedly considering some rumors that I have seen online--I suspect, but certainly cannot personally prove, that there's some pretty bad stuff under a military seal of some sort.  If such records exist, they surely must be released at some point.  If such records exist, the revelations must be used in the red-pilling of so many of the naïve Republican voters who are the blight of the GOP in our day.  (For example, idiot voters have almost taken over Goldwater's Arizona.)

For right now, President Trump has to be very careful about the tempo of his chess game against the Deep State's bad actors.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2019, 11:43:14 pm »
The dying man planned his own funeral and there are those who sought to insist he do it their way?

Online corbe

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2019, 11:57:49 pm »
   Forgive the Man his vanity @Rivergirl he was a lousy Husband (to someone), a horrific Naval Aviator and the bottom of the barrel GOPer, but he's dead, that will always be off limits to me no matter his perpetual shortcomings in Life.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2019, 01:20:17 am »
   Forgive the Man his vanity @Rivergirl he was a lousy Husband (to someone), a horrific Naval Aviator and the bottom of the barrel GOPer, but he's dead, that will always be off limits to me no matter his perpetual shortcomings in Life.

No.  He left too many booby traps in his wake.  The "Steele Dossier" is but one.  We must not let death serve as an immunity from criticism.  His treachery must be exposed in the fullness of time but I fear it will not, he'll get an annual Holiday and will be put on a pedestal to worship.  If we let this stand, Hillary will be up there too, she got off because "she was punished enough" by virtue of losing an election.

I won't be one to criticize his Navy Service because I did not serve and don't have standing.  I will leave that to those on the Forum who did.

But I will criticize hie political career because I DO have standing.  I share responsibility for this Rat.  When he first ran for Congress, it was my district.  Naturally, when he ran for Senate...my State.  I think I voted for him twice.  I'd been watching this gentleman get away with perfidy after perfidy, with a good measure of treachery to serve as mortar for the bricks.

He always considered himself the heir to Barry Goldwater.  Barry was no great shakes for conservatives either BTW, his last five years of life were saturated with liberal nostrums.  I think it was his new wife.

So no!  Politicians don't suddenly get a pass for their deceitful practices in life because they croak.  I wouldn't get one (when I pass people will be smearing me all over this land, I imagine).  I'm just this guy....

I must stand athwart this and yell, "Stop!"
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2019, 01:41:26 am »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2019, 01:46:49 am »

Spot on.

There's a time to be gracious and there's a time for honesty.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2019, 03:56:23 am »
No one attacked McCain.  He is dead and incapable of being attacked.

Someone is hallucinating.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online dfwgator

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2019, 04:17:22 am »
As opposed to all the times the Rats called McCain "Hitler" when he was running against Obama?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2019, 04:38:51 am »
Might be the truth, but that doesn't change the fact that Trump is a bully.  Why can't he just shut up once in a while?

John McCain shops around a bogus report on the President-elect and you call the President a bully?  Cripes, what an inside out world you must live in.

And for the record, Donald Trump wasn't hired to shut up.  If sniveling snowflakes don't like it, too damn bad @Applewood

Offline Applewood

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2019, 05:44:55 am »
And for the record, Donald Trump wasn't hired to shut up.  If sniveling snowflakes don't like it, too damn bad @Applewood

He was hired to do his job -- which he hasn't done because he wastes time on stupid crap like this. 

This and the attack on SNL shows what kind of man Trump is.  And it shows what kind of people his supporters are.  Petty and childish.   The "sniveling snowflakes" are Trump and his fans.  I'm just grateful I don't know any of you in real life.   

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2019, 05:57:47 am »
Well, I think he should, right after McCain apologizes for tying the whole d@mned administration up in fake investigations for two years.

I'll listen, now....

>crickets<

(Consult ye not a familiar spirit, no telling what you'll get.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:58:56 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis