Author Topic: Trump Says His Administration May Label Mexican Cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations  (Read 378 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump Says His Administration May Label Mexican Cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations
by Julio Rosas | Mar 12th, 2019

During an interview with Breitbart, President Donald Trump revealed his administration is considering designating Mexican drug cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTOs).

“We’re thinking about doing it very seriously. In fact, we’ve been thinking about it for a long time,” Trump said. “It’s psychological, but it’s also economic. As terrorists — as terrorist organizations, the answer is yes. They are.”

“Mexico, unfortunately, has lost control of the cartels,” he continued. “They’ve totally lost control of the cartels. Mexico last year had 42,000 deaths — murders — 42,000. It’s considered one of the most unsafe countries in the world.”

Read more at: https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-says-his-administration-may-label-mexican-cartels-as-foreign-terrorist-organizations/

I'm surprised this isn't bigger news.

I'm surprised he could get any flak over this, many Americans die because of the drugs being smuggled in.... but of course, he is getting flak over this.

Just the other day, I saw a bunch of immigrants coming through Mexico, I think 19 Central Americans got kidnapped.

Yep, those organizations should be called terrorists.... but here, I'm going to Mediaite for the story.

I think Salon was already trying to make this a racist issue, designating terrorists means calling Mexicans this. Insanity. These criminals are the meanest in the world.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:00:07 pm by TomSea »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump's right on this.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Trump Says His Administration May Label Mexican Cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations"

I'm a Trump supporter, but I dislike moves such as this.

"May" ????

Don't talk about it .... DO it !!

Act first.
Talk later.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So do it.  Don't talk about it - do it.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm not sure I agree with them being labeled terrorist organization, though they still need singled out and and put under harsh legal consequences.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm not sure I agree with them being labeled terrorist organization, though they still need singled out and and put under harsh legal consequences.
When they lined up a bunch of heads not so very long ago to send a 'message', I think that qualifies them. As terrorists they can suffer harsh legal consequences, too, but other options are open as well.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cartel-hitmen-force-confessions-from-victims-before-isis-style-beheadings-in-mexico

https://www.foxnews.com/world/cruelty-of-el-chapos-sinaloa-cartel-knows-no-bounds-beheadings-by-chainsaw-body-parts-strewn-in-the-streets

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us-world/border-mexico/article/Disturbing-video-shows-victim-of-cartel-violence-10951506.php
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:44:10 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis