Author Topic: Mayor de Blasio’s $10 BILLION plan to save Manhattan from rising sea levels: NYC proposes extending  (Read 525 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mayor de Blasio’s $10 BILLION plan to save Manhattan from rising sea levels: NYC proposes extending the city's shoreline into the East River by TWO BLOCKS to create higher ground

Study launched by city estimates 37% of Lower Manhattan risks flood by 2050
    With estimated 6-foot sea level rise, expects risk area to raise to 50% by 2100
    Plan proposes extending the shoreline up to 500 feet – or two full city blocks
    City is also hoping to fortify Lower Manhattan with grassy berms and barriers

By Associated Press and Cheyenne Macdonald For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:35 EDT, 14 March 2019 | Updated: 16:56 EDT, 14 March 2019

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has revealed a plan to protect Lower Manhattan from rising sea levels by surrounding it with earthen berms and extending its shoreline by as much as 500 feet (152 meters).

The plan piggybacks on a climate resilience study released by the city today, which found that roughly 37 percent of Lower Manhattan properties will be at risk from storm surges in the next 30 years.

And by 2100, it says this will rise to almost 50 percent.

De Blasio’s new plan aims to combat an estimated six feet of sea level rise that's expected to encroach upon the city by the end of the century.

In addition to fortifying most of Lower Manhattan with grassy berms and removable barriers, which would cost roughly $500 million, the city has proposed adding more land to the lowest-lying areas, from the Brooklyn Bridge to the Battery.

Doing this would take several years, and could cost as much as $10 billion.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6809285/NYC-mayor-Extend-shoreline-protect-city-storms.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

New York City is more likely to drown in debt than   drown in water

This mayor is blissfully oblivious to NYC’s financial situation
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Much of NYC has been a sea bed. We know this because fossils of ancient marine life has been found there

But NYC is broke. Were is he going to get the money? This is another example of were  progressivism leads
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Much of NYC has been a sea bed. We know this because fossils of ancient marine life has been found there

But NYC is broke. Were is he going to get the money? This is another example of were  progressivism leads

Your tax dollars, of course.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline LMAO

Your tax dollars, of course.

Except NYC under De Blasio has been chasing away tax payers now along with the newly elected ditz

Barry Goldwater

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Except NYC under De Blasio has been chasing away tax payers now along with the newly elected ditz

He'll demand federal dollars and take it from every state.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

People don't ask where are you going to get the money for the Space force. Besides look at all the money we saved by not giving the tax breaks to Amazon, we could use some of that money.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LMAO

He'll demand federal dollars and take it from every state.

Good luck with that

Barry Goldwater

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Seal level Rise, more likely ground subsidence, no?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Seal level Rise, more likely ground subsidence, no?
It is easy to claim victory over a problem that does not exist.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis