Author Topic: FBI stumbled on the massive college bribe scandal when an executive tipped them off that the Yale so  (Read 368 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI stumbled on the massive college bribe scandal when an executive tipped them off that the Yale soccer coach offered to sell his daughter a place at the school for $450,000

Feds pursuing a securities fraud probe were told about bribery scheme by a business executive
    Executive claimed Yale soccer coach Rudy Meredith offered to help get his daughter into the school as a recruit in exchange for $450,000
    Meredith resigned in November 2018 and has agreed to plead guilty to charges including wire fraud
    Nine athletic coaches and 33 parents, including actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, have been arrested 

By Associated Press

Published: 12:45 EDT, 14 March 2019 | Updated: 16:08 EDT, 14 March 2019

The biggest school admissions scandal ever prosecuted began with a tip from an executive investigators were targeting in an unrelated securities fraud probe, it was revealed today.

The unnamed businessman told Boston authorities chasing down the market manipulation scheme that Rudy Meredith, the women’s soccer coach at Yale University, said he would designated the executive’s daughter as a recruit in exchange for cash, the official said.

The official was not authorized to discuss the case and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6809899/Executive-gave-tip-launched-admissions-bribery-case.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Elementary, Jr. high, high school, college, university, weekends university, summers university.
If I had just had money, I could have bought my way into those schools not caring if I had Ds, Cs, or took no courses to get in higher education universities.  Give money and get in. 

Here is a question.  Once these people were in school, did they flunk their courses - what was the outcome?
Getting in is one thing - staying in is another. 

Here is a story:  I applied to be a Counselor/Psychological examiner at a school in Dallas, talked to the Superintendent.  He looked at my transcript and said it concerned him that I had all As in my college/university courses.  I said, "If your child had trouble learning in school, would you rather have someone who made Cs, Ds, Bs in the testing courses test your child, or would you want me with As in those courses?  He offered me the job.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@mystery-ak

Elementary, Jr. high, high school, college, university, weekends university, summers university.
If I had just had money, I could have bought my way into those schools not caring if I had Ds, Cs, or took no courses to get in higher education universities.  Give money and get in. 

Here is a question.  Once these people were in school, did they flunk their courses - what was the outcome?

Here is a story:  I applied to be a Counselor/Psychological examiner at a school in Dallas, talked to the Superintendent.  He looked at my transcript and said it concerned him that I had all As in my college/university courses.  I said, "If your child had trouble learning in school, would you rather have someone who made Cs, Ds, Bs in the testing courses test your child, or would you want me with As in those courses?  He offered me the job.

@Victoria33 it's hard to fail out now, except in the STEM fields where you actually have to learn something.

Offline verga

@mystery-ak

When I went for my associates degree I pulled B's and C's. After i got married and was working on my Bachelors it was straight A's. The assistant superintendent looked at my transcript and questioned the B's and C's I told him I had been young and stupid and was working full time instead of focusing on college. I said after i got married I had a strong reason to focus on my grades while still working full time. Two years later he saw the results in my students and told me they had made the right choice with me.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.