Author Topic: Al Gore-led group encourages students to ditch school for climate change  (Read 483 times)

rangerrebew

Al Gore-led group encourages students to ditch school for climate change

International Youth Climate Strike scheduled for Friday

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Wednesday, March 13, 2019

More than a dozen progressive advocacy groups, including one headed by former Vice President Al Gore, are encouraging students to skip school Friday in the name of climate change.

The Climate Reality Project, founded and chaired by Mr. Gore, has thrown its support behind the Youth Climate Strike, a one-day walk-out aimed at drumming up support for “radical legislative action,” including the Green New Deal.

“They’ve had enough. And no wonder – it’s their future on the line. So if adults aren’t going to act on their own, young people will make them,” said Climate Reality Project in a Tuesday statement.

https://www.climatedepot.com/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Someone needs a spanking, and it isn't the kids he is leading astray. I wonder how many of them realize he lives in a 10K square foot mansion?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Is this the same group that Ilhan Omar's daughter is participating in?

Offline LMAO

There are two ways in which this will probably end up. First, it could be a very big success because what kid doesn’t want an excuse to skip school

Or it’ll flop like his global warming Woodstock years ago
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
If they believe in the climate religion, they're probably too stupid to benefit from school anyway.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Al Gore-led group encourages students to ditch school for climate change

algore? With his penchant for using call girls, I wouldn't let him anywhere near a student.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

Someone needs a spanking, and it isn't the kids he is leading astray. I wonder how many of them realize he lives in a 10K square foot mansion?

With a HUGE 'carbon footprint.'

The guy is the quintessential hypocrite.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.