Author Topic: House Judiciary Committee plans hearing on white nationalism  (Read 327 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Judiciary Committee plans hearing on white nationalism
« on: March 18, 2019, 09:37:52 pm »
House Judiciary Committee plans hearing on white nationalism
By Zack Budryk - 03/18/19 12:59 PM EDT

The House Judiciary Committee is planning to hold a hearing on the rise of white nationalism in the U.S. in the wake of last week’s mosque shootings in New Zealand, a source confirmed to The Hill.

The source added that a date for the hearing had not yet been set, and that a similar hearing on the subject had been floated to the Department of Justice in November. The Daily Beast was first to report the committee's plans.

The committee, which is chaired by Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), plans to summon FBI and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials for questioning on agency efforts to address white nationalism, with a goal date of early April, according to the Daily Beast.

The FBI is also reportedly increasing collaboration with faith leaders on addressing domestic terror threats to houses of worship, such as the New Zealand attacks and the 2018 mass shooting at Pittsburgh’s Tree of Life synagogue.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/434555-house-judiciary-committee-plans-hearing-on-white-nationalism
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: House Judiciary Committee plans hearing on white nationalism
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 12:40:24 am »
The lines are being drawn by the Dems.

Pretty well guarantees no white person, particularly a man, will have the bonafides to be the Democrat nominee.

Beto, Biden and Inslee need not apply.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 12:44:41 am »
The lines are being drawn by the Dems.

Pretty well guarantees no white person, particularly a man, will have the bonafides to be the Democrat nominee.

Beto, Biden and Inslee need not apply.

I think they'll go with "it's okay if we're white.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 01:27:46 am »
At another divisive time in history:

Buffaalo Springfield penned "...for what its worth"

In my own particular case, and many of my friends and relatives, I think of American Nationalism.

Not white, not colors, not extremist, not violent, just plain old Patriotism.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 01:29:56 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 01:33:44 am »
Oh boy, the media will wet themselves running with these headlines for as long as these hearings go. Which will surely be several years.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 02:22:01 am »
Anti-Nazi looks like a pretty safe political issue for the rats. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 04:29:52 am »
OK, but should we hold hearings on the anti-American hate being spewed from the Mosques in America?  Should we just hold hearings on hate in general.  Like when the Muslim Congresswoman spewed her anti-Semitism we immediately redirected to a bill to condemn anti-gay, anti-Latino..............etc.  We just could not focus on the issue at hand which was extremist Islamic views.  I want Committee's to address any and all hate groups, based on religion, Nationalism or political agenda (only if they are a threat to society as a whole, and the Constitutional rights of other citizens.).  What we need to do is reinforce the United States Constitution and our Bill of Rights.  To condemn all acts that are contrary to the guarantee that all Americans have.  Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.  A right to religion or no religion.  To live according to the laws of the country.  But to guard against foreign influence.  To treat all Americans with the same respect that they deserve.

And I feel like I may be walking a tight rope here, and do not want to be taken incorrectly.  So to be clear this post is about freedom from hate from whatever source.  Whether it is KKK or Sharia Law.  Whatever it is if it isn't consistent with freedom for all it must be condemned.

So here's the problem.  Hate leads to hate.

https://dailycaller.com/2015/11/21/caution-you-may-live-in-the-radical-mosque-zone/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:41:06 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 04:58:29 am »
OK, but should we hold hearings on the anti-American hate being spewed from the Mosques in America?

We?  The House rats are picking an issue to beat up the GOP.  White Nationalism.  What does that have to do with "anti-American hate?"  I'm not understanding the parallel.  I doubt the greivences of Nazis will get much of a voice under Nadler's leadership.

Should we just hold hearings on hate in general.  Like when the Muslim Congresswoman spewed her anti-Semitism we immediately redirected to a bill to condemn anti-gay, anti-Latino..............etc.

Hearings were held, and legislation proposed.  I don't know if that "should happen."   

We just could not focus on the issue at hand which was extremist Islamic views.  I want Committee's to address any and all hate groups, based on religion, Nationalism or political agenda.  What we need to do is reinforce the United States Constitution and our Bill of Rights.  To condemn all acts that are contrary to the guarantee that all Americans have.  Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.  A right to religion or no religion.  To live according to the laws of the country.  But to guard against foreign influence.  To treat all Americans with the same respect that they deserve.

And I feel like I may be walking a tight rope here, and do not want to be taken incorrectly.  So to be clear this post is about freedom from hate from whatever source.  Whether it is KKK or Sharia Law.  Whatever it is if it isn't consistent with freedom for all it must be condemned.

It don't think the rats are interested in investigating Sharia Law, just the KKK.  Politically I think it still looks like a pretty safe issue.