Author Topic: Senate votes 59-41 to repeal Trump's declaration of a national emergency at the border with Marco Ru  (Read 5789 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
At least we have some idea now of how many pro-open borders Pubs there are in the Senate. I wonder how many of the 12 who voted against the national emergency are up for election in 2020.

Before we start blasting good conservatives like Lee, we also need to understand that some of these votes were not a pro-open borders position, but a statement that this action could be precedent setting for the next left wing dim POTUS.  What everyone's opinion  when a National Emergency Declaration for Climate Change is issued?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

Before we start blasting good conservatives like Lee, we also need to understand that some of these votes were not a pro-open borders position, but a statement that this action could be precedent setting for the next left wing dim POTUS.   

What Trump does or doesn't do has no bearing on that.  They're going to do that regardless of what Trump does.

Offline LegalAmerican

At least we have some idea now of how many pro-open borders Pubs there are in the Senate. I wonder how many of the 12 who voted against the national emergency are up for election in 2020.

Yes.  ALL RINO'S..and all for ILLEGALS OVER legal Americans.   Marco Rubio...another RINO and original GANG OF EIGHT
supporting ILLEGALS.   4 DEMOCRATS AND 4 RINO'S.  I have the 4 RINO; MEMORIZED.  RUBIO being hispanic, they all support other hispanics.  MARCO RUBIO, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, FLAKE.   I could not remember Flakes first name, this minute.  I will try & remember these other traitors to America.

----------------
These are the 12 GOP votes to terminate the national emergency declaration:

Wicker, Rubio, Portman, Collins, Murkowski, Toomey, Blunt, Alexander, Romney, Paul, Moran, Lee

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What Trump does or doesn't do has no bearing on that.  They're going to do that regardless of what Trump does.

They might, but tryng to fight a unilateral sweeping policy like that wil be tougher, if it has already been done by our side.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Yes.  ALL RINO'S..and all for ILLEGALS OVER legal Americans.   Marco Rubio...another RINO and original GANG OF EIGHT
supporting ILLEGALS.   4 DEMOCRATS AND 4 RINO'S.  I have the 4 RINO; MEMORIZED.  RUBIO being hispanic, they all support other hispanics.  MARCO RUBIO, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, FLAKE.   I could not remember Flakes first name, this minute.  I will try & remember these other traitors to America.

----------------
These are the 12 GOP votes to terminate the national emergency declaration:

Wicker, Rubio, Portman, Collins, Murkowski, Toomey, Blunt, Alexander, Romney, Paul, Moran, Lee

Still calling Lee a RINO?  Quoting one my favorites, Mr, White.  You just can't fix st-----.

Offline roamer_1

Still calling Lee a RINO?  Quoting one my favorites, Mr, White.  You just can't fix st-----.

That's right.

I agree completely with Lee and Paul, and I understand their principled stand. BRAVO!

Offline LegalAmerican

Not valid below. We've had many NATIONAL EMERGENCIES. About 35 +. Some still in effect. About  a DOZEN PUT IN BY OBAMA.  WHERE WERE THESE, SO CALLED CONSERVATIVES....THEN?  I say a-holes and I call foul,  ON ALL THE RINO'S.  Do I have to post all the National Emergency's, or can you doubters google, DUCKDUCK GO..OR BING? What is it with all this conservatism talk as if it were religion?  HOW about some common sense?  Saving our country?

They are NOT conservatives if they are FOR GLOBALISM...NWO...AND AGAINST BORDER SAFETY AND SOVEREIGNTY.  Can people not see that? 

They are NOT CONSERVATIVE!  Do you think Islamists are conservatives?  LDS SUPPORT ISLAMISTS. This is why I left the church. Catholics and Lutherans support bringing in Islamists...too.
---------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: catfish1957 on Today at 12:00:39 AM

Before we start blasting good conservatives like Lee, we also need to understand that some of these votes were not a pro-open borders position, but a statement that this action could be precedent setting for the next left wing dim POTUS.   

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

That's right.

I agree completely with Lee and Paul, and I understand their principled stand. BRAVO!

I do too.  My understanding is that the purpose of this act was to allow POTUS to react to an emergency quickly when Congress was not in session, not when they were incompetent. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online libertybele

Before we start blasting good conservatives like Lee, we also need to understand that some of these votes were not a pro-open borders position, but a statement that this action could be precedent setting for the next left wing dim POTUS.  What everyone's opinion  when a National Emergency Declaration for Climate Change is issued?

Declaring a national emergency has been done numerous times by past presidents.  I don't recall the objections that are now coming up.  They have emerged because the left threatened to abuse this power to do whatever they want.  The left threatens, lies, deceives, overreaches, and the GOP curtsies to them.  The GOP needs to wake up smell the coffee and change things...too bad that they didn't do so when they had a full majority.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
a DOZEN PUT IN BY OBAMA.  WHERE WERE THESE, SO CALLED CONSERVATIVES....THEN?  I say a-holes and I call foul,  ON ALL THE RINO'S.  Do I have to post all the National Emergency's, or can you doubters google, DUCKDUCK GO..OR BING? What is it with all this conservatism talk as if it were religion?  HOW about some common sense?  Saving our country?

They are NOT conservatives if they are FOR GLOBALISM...NWO...AND AGAINST BORDER SAFETY AND SOVEREIGNTY.  Can people not see that? 

They are NOT CONSERVATIVE!  Do you think Islamists are conservatives?  LDS SUPPORT ISLAMISTS. This is why I left the church. Catholics and Lutherans support bringing in Islamists...too..

Here's Obummer' listing numb nuts......

19. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Somalia (Apr. 12, 2010)

20. Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related to Libya (Feb. 25, 2011)

21. Blocking Property of Transnational Criminal Organizations (Jul. 25, 2011)

22. Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen (May 16, 2012)

23. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine (Mar. 6, 2014)

24. Blocking Property of Certain Persons With Respect to South Sudan (Apr. 3, 2014)

25. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic (May 12, 2014)

26. Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela (Mar. 9, 2015)

27. Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities (Apr. 1, 2015)

28. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Burundi (Nov. 23, 2015)

So which of these are analagous, and as precedent setting as Trump's?  When all fails, I guess you can call Lee a RiNO again.   :silly:

Offline LegalAmerican

Not valid below. We've had many NATIONAL EMERGENCIES. About 35 +. Some still in effect. About  a DOZEN PUT IN BY OBAMA.  WHERE WERE THESE, SO CALLED CONSERVATIVES....THEN?  I say a-holes and I call foul,  ON ALL THE RINO'S.  Do I have to post all the National Emergency's, or can you doubters google, DUCKDUCK GO..OR BING? What is it with all this conservatism talk as if it were religion?  HOW about some common sense?  Saving our country?

They are NOT CONSERVATIVE!  Do you think Islamists are conservatives?  LDS SUPPORT ISLAMISTS. This is why I left the church. Catholics and Lutherans support bringing in Islamists...too.
---------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: catfish1957 on Today at 12:00:39 AM

IT IS ABOUT OPOEN BORDERS. The Rino's are lying to you. It is a ploy. It says we have had 60 National Emergency's, since it was put into law 1976.  NOW...it is a issue?  I have the whole list, but will only show OBAMA'S LIST OF N.E.S
Where were they with Obama?  Or the older senators with other presidents N.A'S. ?  FOUL. DUPLICITOUS SENATORS.
-----------------------------------
According to the Federal Register, 58 national emergencies have been declared since the National Emergency Act of 1976 was signed into law by President Gerald Ford.

And 31 have been annually renewed and are currently still in effect, as listed in the Federal Register.

Here's a list of the presidents who declared still ongoing national emergencies;

President Jimmy Carter
President Bill Clinton
President George W. Bush

President Barack Obama

President Barack Obama signs the Every Student Succeeds Act, Dec. 10, 2015, in Washington, DC.more +
April 12, 2010: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Somalia was in respect to threats posed by Somali pirates.

February 25, 2011: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related to Libya froze the assets of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.

July 25, 2011: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property of Transnational Criminals was in response to the rise in crime by specific organizations: Los Zetas (Mexico), The Brothers’ Circle (former Soviet Union countries), the Yakuza (Japan), and the Camorra (Italy).

May 16, 2012: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen addressed political unrest within the Yemen government.

March 16, 2014: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine was in response to the Russian invasion of Crimea.

April 3, 2014: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property of Certain Persons With Respect to South Sudan was in response to the ongoing civil war.

May 12, 2014: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic was in response to violence towards humanitarian aid workers.

March 8, 2015: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela was in response to human rights violations.

April 1, 2015: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities was in response to Chinese cyber attacks on the U.S.

Nov 23, 2015: The National Emergency With Respect to Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Burundi was declared after a failed coup.

Offline roamer_1

I do too.  My understanding is that the purpose of this act was to allow POTUS to react to an emergency quickly when Congress was not in session, not when they were incompetent.

That's right. This is being done ONLY to thwart the House and it's powers. And folks are going to rue the day.

Offline LegalAmerican

...WUSA 9 is the link

Presidents have declared emergencies 60 times since 1976

Jimmy Carter put it into effect.  A DEMOCRAT.   Now they scream. 

Offline roamer_1

Show me which ones of those were declared only to thwart the will of Congress, and particularly the House.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

IT IS ABOUT OPOEN BORDERS. The Rino's are lying to you. It is a ploy. It says we have had 60 National Emergency's, since it was put into law 1976.  NOW...it is a issue?  I have the whole list, but will only show OBAMA'S LIST OF N.E.S
Where were they with Obama?  Or the older senators with other presidents N.A'S. ?  FOUL. DUPLICITOUS SENATORS.

You are f'n whacked.  Do you even read what you post?  Of those Emergency Declerations, which have even remotely the same precedence and impact of Trump's?  When the next dim POTUS bans gasoline for Climate Change reasons under an emergency declaration, , what's gonna be your response bubba?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
...WUSA 9 is the link

I will ask you again.....

Which of the previous Emergency Delcarations are analagous, and as precedent setting as Trump's?

Online libertybele

Show me which ones of those were declared only to thwart the will of Congress, and particularly the House.

In September, 2001, George W. Bush, Declared a National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks.  That declaration is still in effect.  I would say that Trumps declaration of a  national emergency is very similar; we are being attacked by an invasion at the border! Yes, terrorists included.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 05:01:04 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

In September, 2001, George W. Bush, Declared a National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks.  That declaration is still in effect.  I would say that Trumps declaration of a  national emergency is very similar; we are being attacked by an invasion at the border! Yes, terrorists included.

No it is not the same. Bush was not doing so in direct defiance of Congress.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Every GOP Senate member should be challenged in their next primary.  JUst a shame the GOP is not on board with this president.  They could have done many great things, and yet they do virtually nothing for 2+ years.

@jafo2010

I wouldn't say that. They are doing a fine job of protecting their unreported income.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

No it is not the same. Bush was not doing so in direct defiance of Congress.

It could be looked at the other way as well; Congress is directly defying the President who is trying to defend this country from the crisis at the border --- only thing is he asked for the money before he declared the national emergency. 

Offline roamer_1

It could be looked at the other way as well; Congress is directly defying the President who is trying to defend this country from the crisis at the border --- only thing is he asked for the money before he declared the national emergency.

It could be looked at that way - But you would be looking wrongly - Congress holds the purse.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Most of the job of POTUS is to do what Congress directs him to do.

None of the job of Congress is to do what POTUS attempts to tell them to do.

Edit:  Make that almost none, since he can call them to session.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 05:27:16 am by InHeavenThereIsNoBeer »
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Lee is a Judas.  He spent his entire career preparing for the moment he could fight for our savior and author of the best selling book in the world!

Instead he stabs America in the back, and sides with the vermin invading our country.

Just a few years ago Lee was a conservative hero.   Now he's a piece of dung.  He must have been re-elected.  Real conservative heroes don't usually win re-election.

Offline kevindavis007

He had two years of total GOP control of both houses. I'm sure he could have made a deal.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Declaring a national emergency has been done numerous times by past presidents.  I don't recall the objections that are now coming up.  They have emerged because the left threatened to abuse this power to do whatever they want.  The left threatens, lies, deceives, overreaches, and the GOP curtsies to them.  The GOP needs to wake up smell the coffee and change things...too bad that they didn't do so when they had a full majority.

McConnell (and others in the Senate) said they would support the emergency declaration if the President signed the spending bill.  Looks like they lied, again, and supported, again, Pelosi.  The Senate could have check-mated the House on this.

But how do 12 Republican senators--in the name of the constitution--- render null and void a law on the books without first voting to remove or amend that law?  Where is their authority to do *this*?  Does the constitution give Congress the power to ignore laws they have passed because they do not like them?

Wouldn't the constitutional route have been to support the executive order --- especially since may of these 12 said there IS an emergency and Americans are at risk  --- and then change the law giving the President the power to do what he has done?

Or can Congress just ignore the laws they pass?  If so, those 12 may have just given the Democrats the power to ignore voting laws at will.

Isn't conservatism wonderful?  How could we ever survive without it.

@libertybele

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:47:42 am by Right_in_Virginia »