Author Topic: King of America  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
King of America
« on: March 14, 2019, 04:50:55 pm »
King of America

If you were made KING of America for 5 years only to get our economy in tip-top shape and there was a proviso that what you did during that time could not be undone for 10 years after you left. What would you do and why would you do it?

Here's my list:

Effective January 1 next year the following are decreed:

1.   The constitution is amended so as to permanently prohibit any central banking authority such as the current ‘Federal Reserve Banks” And to provide for the ‘United States dollar" being henceforth defined as the forward price of an ounce of gold as of January 1 next year. Any currency issuer shall be prepared to defend the value of its currency in these terms. (Ensures stability of currency value and prevents reckless expansions of money supply.)

2.   16th Amendment is repealed and FAIRTAX is implemented. (Frees us from needless government intrusions and endless violations of the 4th and 5th amendments. Would make the economy expand like no one alive today has ever seen.)

3.   Constitution is amended to provide the Chief Executive line item veto authority. (Greatly Reins in wasteful government spending)

4.   Constitution is amended to make perfectly clear that the right of states to freely leave the union is inherent. (FREEDOM)

5.   The Executive Branch of government shall be composed solely of:
       a. The offices of The President and Vice President b. The Department of State c. The Department of Defense d. The Department of the Treasury

6.   Constitution is amended to make perfectly clear that the word “life” means from the moment of conception until the moment of natural death.

7.   Constitution is amended to make perfectly clear that term "Natural Born Citizen" as it relates the United States Constitution means a person born of parents who are citizens of the United States of America only at the time of the child’s birth regardless of where they happen to be located at the time of the child’s birth, and “birthright citizenship” extends solely to the offspring of parents who are citizens of the United States of America only at the time of the child’s birth regardless of where they happen to be located at the time of the child’s birth.

8.   Constitution is amended to make clear that Islam is not a “religion” as the authors of the first amendment understood the term and thus not protected under the United States Constitution.

9.   Constitution is amended to make clear that the word “Commerce” as it relates to the U.S. Constitution means interactions among parties where actual value is exchanged.

Anyone else want to play?

@Cyber Liberty @mystery-ak @Sanguine @bigheadfred @Smokin Joe @roamer_1 @XenaLee @skeeter @austingirl
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 07:06:34 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: King of America
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 04:56:11 pm »
None of the above. I would immediately resign and return the process to the Constitutionally defined one. Becoming 'king' even for a day, destroys the foundation we have. Once that precedent has been set, anything I do, no matter how good intentioned, can be over-turned by the next 'king for a day'.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 04:59:56 pm »
None of the above. I would immediately resign and return the process to the Constitutionally defined one. Becoming 'king' even for a day, destroys the foundation we have. Once that precedent has been set, anything I do, no matter how good intentioned, can be over-turned by the next 'king for a day'.

@ABX

OK! I agree! But what I am attempting to do here is role play a Convention of the States.  Let's see where it goes if anywhere.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 05:57:40 pm »
@ABX

OK! I agree! But what I am attempting to do here is role play a Convention of the States.  Let's see where it goes if anywhere.

I think if we do an Article V, the Rats will find a way to pollute the process the same way they've ruined Congressional Redistricting via "Independent Commissions."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 09:30:56 pm »
King of America

If you were made KING of America for 5 years only to get our economy in tip-top shape and there was a proviso that what you did during that time could not be undone for 10 years after you left. What would you do and why would you do it?

Here's my list:

Effective January 1 next year the following are decreed:

1.   The constitution is amended so as to permanently prohibit any central banking authority such as the current ‘Federal Reserve Banks” And to provide for the ‘United States dollar" being henceforth defined as the forward price of an ounce of gold as of January 1 next year. Any currency issuer shall be prepared to defend the value of its currency in these terms. (Ensures stability of currency value and prevents reckless expansions of money supply.)

2.   16th Amendment is repealed and FAIRTAX is implemented. (Frees us from needless government intrusions and endless violations of the 4th and 5th amendments. Would make the economy expand like no one alive today has ever seen.)

3.   Constitution is amended to provide the Chief Executive line item veto authority. (Greatly Reins in wasteful government spending)

4.   Constitution is amended to make perfectly clear that the right of states to freely leave the union is inherent. (FREEDOM)

a. The offices of The President and Vice President b. The Department of State c. The Department of Defense d. The Department of the Treasury

6.   Constitution is amended to make perfectly clear that the word “life” means from the moment of conception until the moment of natural death.

7.   Constitution is amended to make perfectly clear that term "Natural Born Citizen" as it relates the United States Constitution means a person born of parents who are citizens of the United States of America only at the time of the child’s birth regardless of where they happen to be located at the time of the child’s birth, and “birthright citizenship” extends solely to the offspring of parents who are citizens of the United States of America only at the time of the child’s birth regardless of where they happen to be located at the time of the child’s birth.

8.   Constitution is amended to make clear that Islam is not a “religion” as the authors of the first amendment understood the term and thus not protected under the United States Constitution.

9.   Constitution is amended to make clear that the word “Commerce” as it relates to the U.S. Constitution means interactions among parties where actual value is exchanged.

Anyone else want to play?

@Cyber Liberty @mystery-ak @Sanguine @bigheadfred @Smokin Joe @roamer_1 @XenaLee @skeeter @austingirl

I agree with all of your points. However, "King" is probably not the best title.  happy77
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 11:55:05 pm »
I think if we do an Article V, the Rats will find a way to pollute the process the same way they've ruined Congressional Redistricting via "Independent Commissions."

And, we will be able to say we tried everything legally possible to return the rule of law to this country.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 11:59:55 pm »
I like the list @Bigun, and the term "king for a day" is fine for this discussion.  The only things I would add is term limits (return the government to public servants who do not go into the government to profit personally), elected officials have to follow all the laws that all citizens and residents have to follow ( no insider trading, etc.), while in office you get a paycheck, reimbursement for reasonable expenses and nothing more - no retirement plan specifically, and deficit spending is only allowed for a determined time and under a narrowly defined set of circumstances like a declared war.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 12:02:19 am »
(1) Effectively immediately....Totally dismantle the federal government, with exception of Defense, Treasury, State, and a newly formed small"state coordination" Department (for No. 2 below.) This department would monitor and establish benchmarks, and best practices among states.

(2) Effective Day 2...   delegate all other aspects of gonvernance to the States.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 12:21:50 am »
I like the list @Bigun, and the term "king for a day" is fine for this discussion.  The only things I would add is term limits (return the government to public servants who do not go into the government to profit personally), elected officials have to follow all the laws that all citizens and residents have to follow ( no insider trading, etc.), while in office you get a paycheck, reimbursement for reasonable expenses and nothing more - no retirement plan specifically, and deficit spending is only allowed for a determined time and under a narrowly defined set of circumstances like a declared war.

For a game-changer, I'd like to see "Representation by Lot."  Just pick names out of a hat to serve in Congress.  Lawyers are to be disqualified because they have a conflict of interests.  I'm sure there's a lot wrong with that, but I have seen it suggested.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 12:30:22 am »
For a game-changer, I'd like to see "Representation by Lot."  Just pick names out of a hat to serve in Congress.  Lawyers are to be disqualified because they have a conflict of interests.  I'm sure there's a lot wrong with that, but I have seen it suggested.

Make it like jury duty, paid on a per diem basis. No retirement benefits.  And yes!  It most certainly is a conflict of interest for lawyers, officers of the court all, to serve in a second branch of government charged with writing the laws.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:33:02 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 12:35:40 am »

Thanks @Sanguine but I didn't forget anything.  Don't want any arbitrary limits placed on my possible choices at all.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 12:37:26 am »

The time for an Article V, Convention of States came and went.  The time was when the GOP held the majority and the state legislatures were predominately conservative or at least GOP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 12:37:47 am »
Make it like jury duty, paid on a per diem basis. No retirement benefits.

Yup!  I don't even care if we house them in 5-star DeeCee Hotels, we'd still be billions ahead. 

And I reiterate:  Lawyers are to be disqualified (whether we go to Rep by Lot or not).  I'd like to see a day where laws can be understood by everybody who is ruled by them.  Having to have a lawyer explain to me the reasoning behind why I'm being sued/prosecuted sucks and only benefits the ruling class.

Thanks @Sanguine but I didn't forget anything.  Don't want any arbitrary limits placed on my possible choices at all.

This is a brainstorming thread.  Have at it!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 12:39:17 am »
The time for an Article V, Convention of States came and went.  The time was when the GOP held the majority and the state legislatures were predominately conservative or at least GOP.

The time was never here.  I did not trust the "Republican" politicians any more than the Rats when it comes to feathering their nests.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 12:42:59 am »

The time for an Article V Convention never was IMHO. The same people who elect our representatives now would be the ones deciding who should be sent to such a convention.   I rest my case.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 12:48:29 am »
The time for an Article V Convention never was IMHO. The same people who elect our representatives now would be the ones deciding who should be sent to such a convention.   I rest my case.

And the same people sending people to their State Legislatures.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 12:53:22 am »
And the same people sending people to their State Legislatures.

For sure!  Last time I looked they were representatives.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 12:56:10 am »
For sure!  Last time I looked they were representatives.

Most states are Bicameral, so Reps and Senators.  That's the kind of creature who will vote to Ratify so I am not impressed by assurances items voted in at an Article V must withstand the Ratification process.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 01:18:49 am »
@Bigun

Criticism:

I get that - but I don't think that is enough... Weights and measures, interstate rails, roads, and waterways, federal LEOs, Border and coastal patrols, etc. There is quite a bit of stuff that is necessary to knitting us together as one nation that cannot be handled by the states, and would belong in the executive branch.

I do however, agree wholeheartedly in spirit.

Rather, to recognize the Christian God as the Creator, and the ultimate lawgiver... Our sense of right and wrong descending from the Judeo-Christian ethic. You are free to live and believe otherwise, but within those parameters as a matter of the recognition of rights... The rest then becomes moot.

In Addition:

Restore the election of senators to the states.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 01:29:14 am »
@Bigun
Jb]Criticism:[/b]

I get that - but I don't think that is enough... Weights and measures, interstate rails, roads, and waterways, federal LEOs, Border and coastal patrols, etc. There is quite a bit of stuff that is necessary to knitting us together as one nation that cannot be handled by the states, and would belong in the executive branch.

I do however, agree wholeheartedly in spirit. 

@roamer_1

The Constitution I read,  specifically Article I, Section 8, gives those things to the Congress not the executive. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:29:50 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 01:35:53 am »
@Bigun

In Addition:

Restore the election of senators to the states.

:amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 01:36:36 am »
@roamer_1

The Constitution I read,  specifically Article I, Section 8, gives those things to the Congress not the executive.

@Bigun
Granted, but Congress has the means of creation, not execution and maintenance. That is why they end up in the Executive aegis.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 01:43:45 am »
@Bigun
Granted, but Congress has the means of creation, not execution and maintenance. That is why they end up in the Executive aegis.

Only because the congress has flat out refused to do its job. 

For one example :  Congress was given the absolute power to "coin money and regulate the value thereof".  Doesn't say a word about them having any power to pass that on to others does it?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 01:52:13 am »
Only because the congress has flat out refused to do its job. 

For one example :  Congress was given the absolute power to "coin money and regulate the value thereof".  Doesn't say a word about them having any power to pass that on to others does it?

Right - But Congress' power to coin money has no means of action. The Executive branch has the means of action... Like with war - Congress retains the power to wage war, but does not have the means to provide the action.

Congress doesn't DO anything. It empowers the Executive branch to do things. Everything the executive branch can do is forged in Congress.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 02:16:57 am »
Right - But Congress' power to coin money has no means of action. The Executive branch has the means of action... Like with war - Congress retains the power to wage war, but does not have the means to provide the action.

Congress doesn't DO anything. It empowers the Executive branch to do things. Everything the executive branch can do is forged in Congress.

So who actually handles the "regulate the value thereof"  Can they do that themselves are must they turn that over to the Department of the Treasury as well?  Who says if we have a gold standard or not?  Is that the president or is that a prerogative of the Congress alone?

In case you haven't already figured it out, this stuff has been percolating with me for a LONG time now! Not picking on you @roamer_1
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:19:11 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien