Author Topic: 70 million are in the path of ‘bomb cyclone’ set to strike the central US, bringing snow, hail and r  (Read 1196 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That happened about 12 miles from where i am.

Very glad to see you got through the storm ok.  The farther north from the Springs you went the worse it got.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Very glad to see you got through the storm ok.  The farther north from the Springs you went the worse it got.
Thanks.  We were shut down for 24 hours. It is only the third time in 40 years I have been on an oil rig shut down by weather (the other two were in North Dakota).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Can't find it now, but there is an amazing video of a  big rig overturned by the high winds.  Winds clocked at 100 miles per hour.  Scary. 

The local TV weather lady just said the storm is expected to fizzle by the time it gets to western PA.  Hope she's right. 

Prayers for all in the path of the storm.

We have a high wind warning in middle of Ohio until midnight. (But nothing like what's happened westward).

The wind just picked up in the last hour or so, but it's over 60 degrees, so we sure won't be getting any snow!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Just more tornadoes for us in the South (Bama)... should hit in about an hour or so.  It was amazing to see what looked like a hurricane circling the center of the nation yesterday.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:11:02 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Smokin Joe

Just more tornadoes for us in the South (Bama)... should hit in about an hour or so.  It was amazing to see what looked like a hurricane circling the center of the nation yesterday.
Y'all stay safe.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yeah Kentucky is getting it too...as a homeowner in the Commonwealth now it makes me nervous when I see all the tornado activity heading towards the house.  @Polly Ticks is in for a rough day/night too from the looks of it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Some idiot had to be rescued from a popular hiking trail here called the Manitou Incline in the middle of this storm yesterday.  Took 18 fire fighters to get this person down.

I can only hope that Emergency Services send this person a bill for having to come save their stupid @ss.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Some idiot had to be rescued from a popular hiking trail here called the Manitou Incline in the middle of this storm yesterday.  Took 18 fire fighters to get this person down.

I can only hope that Emergency Services send this person a bill for having to come save their stupid @ss.

In AZ they would.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

In AZ they would.
@Cyber Liberty

We have not heard from family United Airways pilot today.  He and his 737 (not a Max) was in western Canada and supposed to fly from west to east through the states in the area of the wind storm.  Don't know if he was allowed to take off this morning.  However, would likely have heard from him if he was stuck in Canada.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

We have not heard from family United Airways pilot today.  He and his 737 (not a Max) was in western Canada and supposed to fly from west to east through the states in the area of the wind storm.  Don't know if he was allowed to take off this morning.  However, would likely have heard from him if he was stuck in Canada.

Sounds like he's wheels-up!  Let's hope he's scheduled to go somewhere warm (doesn't sound like it)....

He would have called you if he was stuck there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

Yeah Kentucky is getting it too...as a homeowner in the Commonwealth now it makes me nervous when I see all the tornado activity heading towards the house.  @Polly Ticks is in for a rough day/night too from the looks of it.

@txradioguy
It makes me nervous, too, and I've lived in the area pretty much all my life other a brief stint in Oklahoma for college. 
So far in the East End we're just getting the wind gusts, but are obviously under a tornado watch.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy
It makes me nervous, too, and I've lived in the area pretty much all my life other a brief stint in Oklahoma for college. 
So far in the East End we're just getting the wind gusts, but are obviously under a tornado watch.

If it's not the floods it's the twisters.  Can't wait to get back to my house in E Town...feel kinda sad we bought it a year ago and didn't even get to celebrate that milestone this year.  Soon enough though.

Stay safe.  This storm packs a punch.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The Bomb Cyclone..."

Sounds like a made-up phony name for something normally called a "winter storm" in order to create a catchy phrase that can be used to bolster the argument for "climate change"...

Online Smokin Joe

"The Bomb Cyclone..."

Sounds like a made-up phony name for something normally called a "winter storm" in order to create a catchy phrase that can be used to bolster the argument for "climate change"...
Yeah, we used to just call them Blizzards.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

We have a high wind warning in middle of Ohio until midnight. (But nothing like what's happened westward).

The wind just picked up in the last hour or so, but it's over 60 degrees, so we sure won't be getting any snow!

The  only warning I've seen here is a severe thunderstorm warning for counties north of Pittsburgh. It was 74 here  today, but a cold front will be coming through later tonight/early tomorrow morning which will bring heavy rain and wind, but nothing like snow, storms and 80-100 mph  out west and south. 

Local news here is talking abour flurries on Saturday, which is the 26th anniversary of the blizzard of 1993 when the city of Pittsburgh decided to go ahead with its St. Patrick's Day parade -- in a blizzard.  LOL

I think you and I are going to be ok. 

Offline musiclady

The  only warning I've seen here is a severe thunderstorm warning for counties north of Pittsburgh. It was 74 here  today, but a cold front will be coming through later tonight/early tomorrow morning which will bring heavy rain and wind, but nothing like snow, storms and 80-100 mph  out west and south. 

Local news here is talking abour flurries on Saturday, which is the 26th anniversary of the blizzard of 1993 when the city of Pittsburgh decided to go ahead with its St. Patrick's Day parade -- in a blizzard.  LOL

I think you and I are going to be ok.

Most certainly!  Just a little wind and dropping temps from the gorgeous 65 degrees yesterday.

btw, I LIKE the name "Bomb Cyclone."   It conjures up images of Pecos Bill riding the storm with his lasso, dropping snow bombs all over the place.  happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.