Author Topic: March Madness 2019 🏀  (Read 537 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
March Madness 2019 🏀
« on: March 17, 2019, 10:40:04 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: March Madness 2019 🏀
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 11:05:42 pm »
My friend, an adult, referees youth teen-basketball games but he really knows the sport, even last year, we compared scores on the brackets. Of course, he knows the sport well and he'd be saying, "Oh, I didn't do too well" and I looked at his bracket, it's pretty unbelievable how accurate he was.... I think the opening round, maybe he had every one correct except 2. That's not bad out of 32 games.

I picked mostly favorites last year and did not do well at all...

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 12:51:34 am »
My friend, an adult, referees youth teen-basketball games but he really knows the sport, even last year, we compared scores on the brackets. Of course, he knows the sport well and he'd be saying, "Oh, I didn't do too well" and I looked at his bracket, it's pretty unbelievable how accurate he was.... I think the opening round, maybe he had every one correct except 2. That's not bad out of 32 games.

I picked mostly favorites last year and did not do well at all...
It's mostly a crap shoot. If I get two out of the top four teams in country in the Final Four, I consider that a high achievement. Which, of course, wins you nothing.
I'm usually busted after the first round. Still fun.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 12:17:59 pm »
It's mostly a crap shoot. If I get two out of the top four teams in country in the Final Four, I consider that a high achievement. Which, of course, wins you nothing.
I'm usually busted after the first round. Still fun.
My brother is a basketball coach who has not filled out a bracket in 20 years.

Last time he did, he was beaten by a guy whose methodology was to pick the winner by the name of the team mascot in reverse alphabetical order.

He never played again.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington