Author Topic: Trump grounds Boeing 737 MAX airplanes  (Read 2101 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump grounds Boeing 737 MAX airplanes
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 12:17:09 am »
That's what I'm hearing, computer, software, auto-pilot problem. It sounds like they have some idea of what went wrong, hence, the president's remark just the other day about planes' advance technology. It does fit in some.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2019, 12:19:05 am »
And we train them to do it.

What's a Muslim pilot's favorite flight assignment?

A 737 Max...for Virgin Airlines!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2019, 12:27:54 am »
What's a Muslim pilot's favorite flight assignment?

A 737 Max...for Virgin Airlines!

Zig!  For great justice!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2019, 12:45:37 am »
I may be a bit bias because I have been working for 32 years  at the Renton Boeing plant where the MAX rolls out, but there have been 371 MAX deliveries with 43 airlines, mounting up hundreds of thousands of flights between them. It is no secret that the plane automatic elevator trim can get faulty AOA readings, and until the software is fixed pilots were supposed to be trained to override it. Turn off auto pilot, 2 jerks to the Left with the steering yoke and 1 to the right and the plane is now yours to fly again.  US pilots have run through the excersice many rimes in flight simulators.   I suspect these foreign countries lacked the training.

Airbus was not without its new airplane disasters. Remember the A320 that crashed at an air show in France in 1988. The cause was faulty fly by wire software.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2019, 12:48:58 am »
  US pilots have run through the excersice many rimes in flight simulators.   I suspect these foreign countries lacked the training.

Absolutely. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2019, 12:49:40 am »
I may be a bit bias because I have been working for 32 years  at the Renton Boeing plant where the MAX rolls out, but there have been 371 MAX deliveries with 43 airlines, mounting up hundreds of thousands of flights between them. It is no secret that the plane automatic elevator trim can get faulty AOA readings, and until the software is fixed pilots were supposed to be trained to override it. Turn off auto pilot, 2 jerks to the Left with the steering yoke and 1 to the right and the plane is now yours to fly again.  US pilots have run through the excersice many rimes in flight simulators.   I suspect these foreign countries lacked the training.

Airbus was not without its new airplane disasters. Remember the A320 that crashed at an air show in France in 1988. The cause was faulty fly by wire software.

Some pilots won't read the GD instructions on their iPads.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2019, 12:50:48 am »

Sounds like Europe is trying to help Airbus.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2019, 12:55:33 am »
Hopefully, we won’t run into the irony of an accident with older aircraft being brought back into service, while this is sorted out.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2019, 01:29:42 am »
Hopefully, we won’t run into the irony of an accident with older aircraft being brought back into service, while this is sorted out.

The fleets are full of newer 737-800s and -900s, and we are still building them through April. One for every four MAX's.  Still an outstanding aircraft that will fill the sky's for another decade or more.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline edpc

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2019, 01:35:00 am »
The fleets are full of newer 737-800s and -900s, and we are still building them through April. One for every four MAX's.  Still an outstanding aircraft that will fill the sky's for another decade or more.

Sure, but older aircraft were taken out of service, as the newer were delivered. I doubt an airline can take more than a dozen planes out of service, without replacing at least some. Southwest uses the 737 variants exclusively and they just had reported serious maintenance issues last month.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/19/southwest-airlines-grounds-more-jets-due-to-maintenance-issues.html
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:45:42 am by edpc »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2019, 01:38:43 am »
 Anyone want to guess what country makes the software in question?     Blame Canada.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2019, 01:39:45 am »
Anyone want to guess what country makes the software in question?     Blame Canada.

Shortage of beta testing perhaps?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2019, 02:41:56 am »
I would expect the mandatory grounding to become volentary grounding rather quickly once the FA delivers a Directive on conditions safe to fly, like not using auto pilot below 10,000 feet or something. Boeing stock BA actually climbed a bit today, after dropping over $50 The last two.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2019, 07:47:48 am »
888high58888

:pondering:
"Any plane in the air will be allowed to land"?  Nice of him, but ya think? They all come down, one way or another, under control or not, intact or in pieces, where you want them to or elsewhere, they're going to land and he can't stop that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2019, 02:21:57 pm »
So we have two accidents on the other side of the world in third world countries, cause still unknown, out of hundreds of thousands of flights every year (so even if design, probability is virtually zero), and they shut them all down.

Yeah, nothing smells weird here....
I am old enough to remember the DC 10 incidents in the late 70's. Over a 1,000 deaths. What is your magic number before we give this our full attention.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2019, 04:56:53 pm »
I am old enough to remember the DC 10 incidents in the late 70's. Over a 1,000 deaths. What is your magic number before we give this our full attention.
If the problem is something other than the aircraft, the aircraft will stand scrutiny, and the problem be identified.

If it is a problem with the aircraft, it must be found.

Either way, the problem needs to be addressed, preferably without further loss of life.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2019, 05:21:54 pm »

I remember hearing about the AA DC10 that crashed in Chicago. The
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline edpc

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2019, 05:52:27 pm »
I remember hearing about the AA DC10 that crashed in Chicago.

That was due to a major screw up by the maintenance crew.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2019, 06:15:07 pm »

That was due to a major screw up by the maintenance crew.

Big time, and it was a common procedure.  An engine fell off the plane in flight. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2019, 06:47:04 pm »
Canada,member ofthe "Commonwealth of Nations," which means free movement of people.

Canada, UK,, India, Pakistan,, Nigeria, Kenya....just to name some member states.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln