Author Topic: Senate confirms Neomi Rao to DC Circuit in party-line vote  (Read 271 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate confirms Neomi Rao to DC Circuit in party-line vote
« on: March 13, 2019, 09:45:04 pm »
Senate confirms Neomi Rao to DC Circuit in party-line vote
by Melissa Quinn
 | March 13, 2019 12:50 PM

The Senate voted Wednesday to confirm Neomi Rao, President Trump’s regulatory czar, to succeed Justice Brett Kavanaugh on a powerful federal appeals court viewed as a springboard to the Supreme Court.

The 53-46 vote to put Rao on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit split Republicans and Democrats as expected, as many Democrats were upset with her academic writings.

Rao was scrutinized for op-eds she wrote while an undergraduate at Yale University about date rape and sexual assault. She also came under fire for arguing against a ban on dwarf-tossing.

In one writing from 1994, Rao wrote, “It has always seemed self-evident to me that even if I drank a lot, I would still be responsible for my actions. A man who rapes a drunk girl should be prosecuted. At the same time, a good way to avoid a potential date rape is to stay reasonably sober.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/senate-confirms-neomi-rao-to-dc-circuit-in-party-line-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Senate confirms Neomi Rao to DC Circuit in party-line vote
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:52:38 pm »
The ban on dwarf-tossing was a travesty of justice.   If dwarfs want to be tossed for money who is to say they don't have control over their own body? 

Glad she was appointed. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 09:56:41 pm »
Party line "no" votes are pure politics and have nothing to due with principles.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 09:58:31 pm »
The ban on dwarf-tossing was a travesty of justice.   If dwarfs want to be tossed for money who is to say they don't have control over their own body? 

Glad she was appointed.

I agree.  Dwarfs have limited opportunities compared to non-dwarfs.

See?  I can't type 'Normal People' anymore.    :laugh:

If an athletic dwarf wants to make money and fame/friends being tossed around and/or across the room...who are we to interfere?

It's not like they're being held against their will.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald