Author Topic: NYT's Bruni Ties Trump Family to College Admissions Scandal: Not 'Morally Different'  (Read 128 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
NYT's Bruni Ties Trump Family to College Admissions Scandal: Not 'Morally Different'
By Mark Finkelstein | March 13, 2019 7:41 AM EDT

The college admissions scandal: finally, a big story which the MSM can't pin to President Trump. But not so fast, my friend! Where there's a will to trash Trump, there's a way.

And so it was that this morning, CNN, with a big assist from New York Times columnist and CNN contributor Frank Bruni, found a way to tie the Trump family to the admissions scandal.

On New Day, Bruni suggested that a donation to Harvard made by Jared Kushner's father was not "morally different" from the crimes committed in the college admissions scandal. Right. Other than the Kushner donation being legal, and the crimes being, uh, crimes.

But hey, for the MSM, any excuse is good to tie Trump to criminality!

If CNN is so scandalized by Kushner getting into Harvard, it should tell us how CNN's own Chris Cuomo, son of former New York Governor Mario, got into Yale. Were his grades and SATs in the top 1-2%, like the vast majority of non-minority Yale applicants admitted on their own merits?

more
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2019/03/13/nyts-bruni-suggests-kushner-dad-donation-not-morally-different
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

Bruni suggested that a donation to Harvard made by Jared Kushner's father was not "morally different" from the crimes committed in the college admissions scandal.
Au contraire. It is both morally and factually different, Mr. Bruni.
I have decided to officially and formally not apologize. I'm not sorry at all, even slightly.

Indeed, I especially want to convey my absence of remorse to anyone who was offended by what I said. If you are the sort of person who gets twisted into knots when someone articulates a point of view that differs from your own, then you are exactly the sort of person who should never receive an apology for a differing point of view — if I were offering one, which, again, I'm not.

Online Smokin Joe

Au contraire. It is both morally and factually different, Mr. Bruni.
Not for a Liberal.

Remember, with liberals, methods don't matter, only the result.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Offline mountaineer

Not for a Liberal.

Remember, with liberals, methods don't matter, only the result.
Also, their "morality" has no base, it's only what they want it to be that day.
I have decided to officially and formally not apologize. I'm not sorry at all, even slightly.

Indeed, I especially want to convey my absence of remorse to anyone who was offended by what I said. If you are the sort of person who gets twisted into knots when someone articulates a point of view that differs from your own, then you are exactly the sort of person who should never receive an apology for a differing point of view — if I were offering one, which, again, I'm not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf