Author Topic: $400M investment will boost Corpus Christi as top U.S. crude oil exporter  (Read 797 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Sergio Chapa 3/12/2019

A Washington  investment firm is making a $400 million bet that will allow Corpus Christi to regain and keep its status as the top U.S. crude oil exporter.

The Port of Corpus Christi was the location of the first U.S. crude oil export in December 2015.  The South Texas waterway remained the top U.S. crude oil export hub until last month, when recently completed pipeline projects allowed the Port of Houston to claim the title.

During a Tuesday morning panel discussion at CERAWeek by IHS Markit, Carlyle Group Managing Director Ferris Hussein said the firm is investing $400 million into a project that will catch a wave of new Permian Basin to Gulf Coast crude oil pipelines that are expected to come into service over the next year and a half shifting exports back to Corpus Christi.

"Corpus Christi will surpass Houston as the export hub of the U.S.," Hussein said.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/400-million-investment-will-allow-Corpus-Christi-13681858.php

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Durn, I sure wish I had bought some property in Corpus in last few years.  It is such a beautiful place, people will want to live there.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington