Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29287 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #675 on: March 16, 2019, 03:05:05 pm »

Then, you probably would like - or do like - Sambuca.

I never tried it, but I Goggled it and yes, I surely would.  I'll put that on the list for the next order from BevMo.

I was very careful to not imbibe too much of the Absinthe because I don't want a repeat of the Schnapps experience from my teenage years.  I got sicker than crap, lousy hangover and I haven't been able to touch it since.  I have a fifth on the bar so I might try that again to see if I still have the mental block.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #676 on: March 16, 2019, 03:15:38 pm »
I love licorice.  I'll have to try absinthe.

You'd like Ouzo too, and the Sambuca @edpc suggested.  If I can ever get you to come visit the Castle we'll have some of each.

I did a "Bohemian Absinthe" last night.  You place an Absinthe spoon atop a glass, with a sugar cube on top.  Slowly pour a couple ounces of the Absinthe over the cube (the spoon is flat with slots in the bottom so it will flow through), then set the cube on fire.  When it starts to caramelize the sugar, drip ice-cold water on it (about 5 oz).  Stir any remaining sugar into the rest of the drink and enjoy.  The first sip is an interesting experience because the liquid is cold, but you get a nose-full of hot licorice aroma at the same time.

The Parisian Absinthe I have is 138 proof, so there is no trouble getting the cube to burn.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #677 on: March 16, 2019, 03:27:13 pm »
You'd like Ouzo too, and the Sambuca @edpc suggested.  If I can ever get you to come visit the Castle we'll have some of each.

I did a "Bohemian Absinthe" last night.  You place an Absinthe spoon atop a glass, with a sugar cube on top.  Slowly pour a couple ounces of the Absinthe over the cube (the spoon is flat with slots in the bottom so it will flow through), then set the cube on fire.  When it starts to caramelize the sugar, drip ice-cold water on it (about 5 oz).  Stir any remaining sugar into the rest of the drink and enjoy.  The first sip is an interesting experience because the liquid is cold, but you get a nose-full of hot licorice aroma at the same time.

The Parisian Absinthe I have is 138 proof, so there is no trouble getting the cube to burn.

Sounds nice.  I have tried Ouzo and liked it.  In small quantities.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #678 on: March 16, 2019, 03:32:33 pm »
Sounds nice.  I have tried Ouzo and liked it.  In small quantities.

Agree about the quantities.  Heavily flavored liqueurs must be consumed in small amounts!

Besides, at 60-70 bucks a fifth Parisian Absinthe is not something to be wasted by getting drunk on it.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #679 on: March 16, 2019, 03:37:32 pm »

We're planning on being in the Eastern half of your state early next month but doubt I can make it all the way over to where you are since the move.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #680 on: March 16, 2019, 03:38:59 pm »
We're planning on being in the Eastern half of your state early next month but doubt I can make it all the way over to where you are since the move.

Same here, but in late April. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 03:40:07 pm by Sanguine »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #681 on: March 16, 2019, 03:55:00 pm »
I was very careful to not imbibe too much of the Absinthe because I don't want a repeat of the Schnapps experience from my teenage years.  I got sicker than crap, lousy hangover and I haven't been able to touch it since.  I have a fifth on the bar so I might try that again to see if I still have the mental block.

I had the same experience, at 20, with tequila. I still don’t like the smell of it. The stuff I got sick on was cheap stuff. I can have the good quality ones straight, in moderation, or the mid range in one drink.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #682 on: March 16, 2019, 03:56:19 pm »

IIRC, you have rels east of Tucson?  We're about 5-6 hours north-west of there.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #683 on: March 16, 2019, 04:04:44 pm »

I had the same experience, at 20, with tequila. I still don’t like the smell of it. The stuff I got sick on was cheap stuff. I can have the good quality ones straight, in moderation, or the mid range in one drink.

I don't like Tequila much either.  Same reason.  I have a bottle of Jose Cuervo on the bar, though.  Mrs. Liberty got us a bunch of weird stuff.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #684 on: March 16, 2019, 04:10:21 pm »
IIRC, you have rels east of Tucson?  We're about 5-6 hours north-west of there.

Yep!  And getting to where you are adds a full day of traveling. We are meeting some of my wife's relatives that she hasn't seen for a long time so I don't know what will transpire.  I'll let you know if it looks like we can get over there this time.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #685 on: March 16, 2019, 04:12:58 pm »
I don't like Tequila much either.  Same reason.  I have a bottle of Jose Cuervo on the bar, though.  Mrs. Liberty got us a bunch of weird stuff.

I love Tequila but it kicks my butt so I don't touch it!   Last time I messed with it I was three days finding where I abandoned my car.  (LONG time ago)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #686 on: March 16, 2019, 04:14:30 pm »
Yep!  And getting to where you are adds a full day of traveling. We are meeting some of my wife's relatives that she hasn't seen for a long time so I don't know what will transpire.  I'll let you know if it looks like we can get over there this time.

The Castle won't be ready anyway, I think.  We've dragged our feet moving from Phoenix and decorating this place will be a lot of work.  We have plenty of stuff because we had way too much for that little bitty house.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #687 on: March 16, 2019, 04:15:26 pm »
I love Tequila but it kicks my butt so I don't touch it!   Last time I messed with it I was three days finding where I abandoned my car.  (LONG time ago)

Yeah, that's the only stuff that ever gave me a blackout.  That and the taste keeps me from doing it again.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #688 on: March 16, 2019, 06:44:08 pm »
Last time I messed with it I was three days finding where I abandoned my car.  (LONG time ago)

I thought I was the only one who had done that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #689 on: March 16, 2019, 07:03:08 pm »
Yeah, that's the only stuff that ever gave me a blackout.  That and the taste keeps me from doing it again.

There’s supposed to be a fight in every bottle of gin. Never had any problems with that spirit.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #690 on: March 16, 2019, 09:06:38 pm »

@Bigun
Tequila or Mescal... If it is cactus juice, there is something about it that I cannot leave alone. I don't really even like it... But if I smell the cork, I will be eating the worm, guaranteed. With similar results. It is the only likker I absolutely lose control on, and as a fairly hard rule, I hardly ever have gotten drunk on likker at all. I like beer for the party.

And @Cyber Liberty, like you, zero tolerance for peppermint schnapps - I can take it in hot chocolate, but otherwise, not at all. One of the few times I got likker drunk, it was on peppermint schnapps, with a ton of pickled pigs feet. The experience was so very bad, that I have not had either since.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #691 on: March 16, 2019, 11:01:47 pm »
@Bigun
Tequila or Mescal... If it is cactus juice, there is something about it that I cannot leave alone. I don't really even like it... But if I smell the cork, I will be eating the worm, guaranteed. With similar results. It is the only likker I absolutely lose control on, and as a fairly hard rule, I hardly ever have gotten drunk on likker at all. I like beer for the party.

And @Cyber Liberty, like you, zero tolerance for peppermint schnapps - I can take it in hot chocolate, but otherwise, not at all. One of the few times I got likker drunk, it was on peppermint schnapps, with a ton of pickled pigs feet. The experience was so very bad, that I have not had either since.
Peppermint schnaps and pickled pigs feet? You deserved to heave.  :nono:

Pickled Pigs feet is beer drinking fare (along with pickled gizzards, and the nuclear option, pickled eggs)  Especially had to avoid enclosed spaces after the latter (even prop the outhouse door open)...Just wasn't socially acceptable for a couple of days afterwards....had an 'air' about me..

Haven't had so much as a beer in 30 years, but I remember what made life rougher....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #692 on: March 16, 2019, 11:44:00 pm »
Today's libation is a frosty tankard of beer from the new keg I just tapped.  I'm doing more rebuilding on the kegerator when this keg is out in a few weeks.  I figured out how to fix the foam issue.  Longer delivery hose.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #693 on: March 16, 2019, 11:49:29 pm »
Peppermint schnaps and pickled pigs feet? You deserved to heave.  :nono:

A bunch of us were over at Nick the Greek's house- funny that I can't remember his last name anymore... Same with Shit Eatin Jim, who was also there than night...

I don't know if it's a Greek thing or what, but that is what was there... gallons and gallons of em.

Pickled Pigs feet is beer drinking fare (along with pickled gizzards, and the nuclear option, pickled eggs)  Especially had to avoid enclosed spaces after the latter (even prop the outhouse door open)...Just wasn't socially acceptable for a couple of days afterwards....had an 'air' about me..

I keep myself well stocked in pickled eggs... And don't worry about the outhouse door - It will blw open all by itself.  :silly:

Haven't had so much as a beer in 30 years, but I remember what made life rougher....

I am not so strictly removed... Still have a beer now and then... Just had a Tecate for my birthday when we went out for a family dinner... I have PBRs here from time to time, but it takes me a month or two to kill a cold-pack... Because I remember too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #694 on: March 17, 2019, 12:40:36 am »
Went to the gas station last night to put 25 in to top off the wife's car. Keep the tank fu!l. A couple of kids were looking over the alcohol selection when I stepped over to get my wife a Pepsi. I recommended some Smirnov "ice" some Blue Moon and a couple of bottles of cheap wine.

Hopefully they will forget. Even more hopefully they will learn. New turned of age kids.

Like everything else. You really don't  know until you try.

I admit it. I was lol, especially when the clerk was rolling her eyes at their selection. They had the correct ID so she couldn't not sell it to them. Well maybe she could have. But you can't stop stupid.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #695 on: March 17, 2019, 02:16:32 am »
You're a hard man, @bigheadfred.  Brutal, even.   333cleo yogi555 yymouse
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #696 on: March 17, 2019, 02:32:50 am »
You're a hard man, @bigheadfred.  Brutal, even.   333cleo yogi555 yymouse

Yes, he is.   Tip-of-the-cap to him @bigheadfred

My approach would be to suggest smoke a few grams and go home and listen to Sun Goddess with headphones.

Those kids will thank you forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmlJd6WZMo

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:36:53 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald