Author Topic: Ancestory DNA test kits.  (Read 2771 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Ancestory DNA test kits.
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 12:23:39 am »
When I went to Ireland, I got the line "we have no records, the church burned down." I think that's standard. I have since seen baptismal records from a distant relative who has international access on Ancestry. Nice that you had better results on your trip.
Part of my maternal grandfather's family came from Ireland, but I'm not sure where. I discovered at which which church in France a great-x8-grandfather was baptized in 1695, and it was exciting to see it in person.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Ancestory DNA test kits.
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 12:35:58 am »
Same here.  Several previous genealogical finds were speculative, until I had some genetic proof.  My criminal record has been limited to speeding tickets, so I find the risk (at least in my case) minimal.

Same story here. I had mine paid fore by  group of ladies involved with research of the three lines of my family name, and were excited to find a male member of one of those branches and needed my DNA reading to prove or disprove a link between two of those branches.  As long as thols old gals didn't sit in a small office in DC I was OK with it. And it did help me prove my line as well as I was interested in my geneaology.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn