Author Topic: Sandmann, family sue CNN for $275M in Covington Catholic controversy  (Read 493 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sandmann, family sue CNN for $275M in Covington Catholic controversy

By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

A lawsuit worth $275 million was filed against CNN on Tuesday over the network's alleged "vicious" attack against Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann.

The lawsuit, which was filed just after 3 p.m. in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, claims that CNN has "elevated false, heinous accusations of racist conduct" against Sandmann and failed to adhere to "well-established journalistic standards and ethics."

Sandmann's attorney, Todd McMurtry, will appear exclusively on Fox News' "The Story" Tuesday at 7:45 p.m.

Sandmann, a junior at Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky, became a target for outrage after a video of him standing face-to-face with a Native American man, Nathan Phillips, while wearing a red Make America Great Again hat surfaced in January.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/sandmann-family-sue-cnn-for-275m-in-covington-catholic-controversy   
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Sandmann, family sue CNN for $275M in Covington Catholic controversy
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 12:01:19 am »
I wish him every success!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 12:03:08 am »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 12:16:39 am »
Go for it, Nick.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 11:53:06 am »
Whatever he gets, the settlement must include public acknowledgement by the media of their duplicity.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 01:06:47 am »
All well and good. Three Cheers.

Now let's see what he ends up with.

I've seen JNJ lose $1.25B in an Alabama jury verdict that only took 3.5 hrs.

And JNJ get it reduced to $7.5M by the State Supreme Court.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com