Author Topic: Rush: Pelosi Hasn’t Taken Impeachment Off the Table!  (Read 300 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Pelosi Hasn’t Taken Impeachment Off the Table!
« on: March 12, 2019, 08:35:47 pm »

Pelosi Hasn’t Taken Impeachment Off the Table!

Mar 12, 2019

RUSH: Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi says that impeaching Donald Trump is “just not worth it.” This was in an interview yesterday with the Washington Post. She said impeachment is so divisive to the country, unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan — bipartisan — I don’t think we should go down that path because it divides the country and he is just not worth it.

Now, there could be any number of ways to analyze this and to explain it. One theory is that they think Mueller and their investigations are gonna find something that they can blow up. She comes out and says no impeachment, it’s not worth it, Trump isn’t worth it, we don’t have this, we don’t have that, we don’t want to divide the country, and then here comes Mueller with a blockbuster or maybe Nadler and Schiff.

And they’re gonna keep fishing, despite what Pelosi says. So they come up and they find something and Pelosi says, “Whoa! Whoa! We have to impeach now.” So she’s set herself up as being eminently fair, eminently filled with non-bias bipartisanship and then all of a sudden something is discovered where she has to move forward. I don’t believe any of this for a minute. These people have not had any of the hatred that they harbor for Trump watered down. It hasn’t vanished. It hasn’t gone anywhere. I just think they’ve overplayed their hand.

I think that the entire Michael Cohen testimony event has blown up in their faces! It was the Cohen testimony that was supposed to have the people of this country demanding Trump’s head, and it backfired because Cohen just can’t tell the truth! Cohen is just a sleazy guy that cannot tell the truth. And then it was discovered that Schiff, Pencil Neck, had met with Cohen in New York for a whole bunch of hours coaching him to say various things, no Republicans present. And one of the things that he was perhaps coaching Cohen to say was that he had never pursued Trump for a pardon and never asked for a job in the White House, even though he had.

Cohen is gonna do whatever Mueller tells him or whatever Nadler tells him or whatever Schiff tells him because he’s thrown in with ’em! In Cohen’s world, his path to a lesser sentence is cooperating with these people that hate Trump. If they tell him to lie, he’s gonna do it. If Mueller tells him to recite rather than answer questions, “You say what we want you to say,” he’ll say it! Because that’s all he’s got now in terms of leniency and any kind of a future.

It’s kind of like the Never Trumpers in a way. Many of the Never Trumpers — this is kind of off the beaten path and I’m gonna circle back to it. Many of the Never Trumpers have now gotten to an age where most of their careers are behind them. And Trump has come along and just destroyed what they always thought would be their peak years of financial success and influence. And now they’re on the downside of it all, and it has become apparent to everybody they didn’t have any influence.

They couldn’t even exist without donors. They couldn’t exist without people giving them money. They could not exist in a capitalist meritocracy, any of these Never Trumpers at magazines or think tanks. If Trump wins reelection in 2020, they are doomed, they are finished, they are over with. And so they are in almost a similar situation to Cohen minus the illegalities.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: No, no, no, no, no. There’s one theory I don’t buy here, the theory that Pelosi and Schiff know that the Mueller report and their own investigations aren’t gonna find anything they can use to impeach Trump. That’s not what’s going on here at all, folks.

This is far more nuanced and these people aren’t ready to throw in the towel on this. We don’t even have the Mueller report yet! They’re not ready throw in the towel on getting Trump. Their whole existence is getting Trump. Their whole reason for being is getting Trump.

And they’ve got a little bit of interruption because of all these whippersnapper new Millennial freshmen like AOC and some of these others. So Pelosi’s got a whole bunch of organizational problems that she has to deal with.

I mean, in one sense, let’s look at it this way. Those of you who have grandkids, how many of them think that you’re hip? How many of them want to hang with you? How many of ’em ask you what to do in their lives, I mean, seriously? You might have a good granddaughter, grandson that comes to you now and then and kisses up and says, “Hey, Grandpa, what do you think I ought to do when I get to college?” But they’re just kissing butt.

Do you think any of these people really think Pelosi knows anything about what she’s doing? They don’t. She’s an archaic member of Jurassic Park to them. And yet she’s the leader and the boss. She has to keep ’em corralled. But she could be their grandmother, for crying out loud. And in some cases, maybe even great-grandmother. So she’s got a generational divide to deal with and then this Trump business.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay. I want to go back. And as we resume our discussion on Pelosi and impeachment, we have got some pretty interesting theories on the phones that we’ll get to here in just a second. I want to go back to a week ago. One week ago today, on this program, I said this…

RUSH ARCHIVE: [A]ll signs indicate that Trump is going to be reelected. This business of impeachment that they’re going…? No doubt they are. But not for between now and 2020. This is to prep impeachment for 2021 and beyond. That’s what they’re doing. That’s why these massive documents requests — and they’re only just now getting started. … f the Democrats really thought that they could beat Trump at the ballot box, then they wouldn’t be doing all this.

Now, I realize many of you think that this is not correct, that the establishment — the Washington establishment — is still so affronted and offended by Trump that they’re not going to stop trying to get rid of him. And that remains true. But I think Nadler and all these other efforts here are far beyond that. Because they’re not gonna get this done in the next two years, and they’re not even promising to. If they thought they could beat Trump at the ballot box, I don’t think they would be doing all of this. … I’m telling you, they’re setting up the impeachment of Donald Trump after he wins reelection…

RUSH: Almost a carbon copy of how they went after Richard Nixon 1972-1973. Now, again, let’s… Here, let’s listen to Pelosi and then we’ll react to it. This was yesterday before entering an elevator in a Capitol Building hallway. This was not a press conference. This was not a media appearance where she had some kind of big announcement. This appeared to be something off the cuff.

PELOSI: I just don’t believe in it. They wanted to impeach President Bush for the Iraq war. I didn’t believe in it then; I don’t believe in it now. It divides the country. Unless there’s some conclusive evidence that takes us to that place.

RUSH: Wait a minute! See, I have a different way of hearing this. I don’t hear her say that she’s not interested impeaching Trump, ’cause I know that isn’t true. They are salivating at getting rid of Donald Trump, however they do it. They’re salivating at reversing the results of the 2016 election. That hasn’t changed. What she says here, “unless there is some conclusive evidence”? Well, what in the name of Sam Hill have the past two years been about, then?

If there wasn’t any evidence, then why have we gone through the past two years of a torturous hell? Because they thought they had the evidence! And we were told they had the evidence every day. New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC. Four or five times a day, four or five different stories a day were alleging evidence that would be produced. It was only a matter of time. Trump had not only colluded, he had obstructed! It is what propelled us throughout these two years!

They were so certain of it in their reporting that 42% of the American people to this day believe the Russians tampered with votes, believe that Russians had an impact on the outcome of elections state by state. That’s how intense the reporting was. That’s how certain it was that there was evidence, and now here’s Pelosi in a haphazard little interview outside an elevator, “unless there is some conclusive evidence”? There was a reveal in the past four days when I was not here.

I’m trying to remember quickly what it was. Uh, da da da da… It had to do with Ellis and Manafort. But that’s another story, the media going bonkers that Manafort’s not gonna die in jail. Aw! (chuckling) We have the audio sound bites of that. Here’s what… Without remembering the elements of the reveal, we now know — with ontological certitude, we now know — that it was the dossier. That was it. There was nothing else that propelled this investigation and the naming of a special counsel.

The dossier was it. They had nothing else. The reveal that the fake story that Papadopoulos telling the Australian ambassador that the Russians had 30,000 emails… They said that’s when the investigation started. This was revealed to be totally made up and untrue. It was the dossier, it was never anything but the dossier, and they knew the dossier was fake! They knew it was unverified! They knew it was uncorroborated! And yet they used it to get FISA warrants.

Now, you may think, “Rush, we’ve heard you say this over and over.” Yes, you have. But the truth now is there wasn’t anything else. There was no evidence! There never has been any evidence. That’s how big a hoax and fraud all of this has been. And Pelosi is tantamount admitting it here with this offhand comment, “Unless there’s some conclusive evidence…” Look at Schiff. Schiff has been alleging all kinds of evidence for two years!

It’s just that people are lying and keeping it from him, but he knows it’s there. He’s been telling MSNBC and CNN every day, and CNN and MSNBC and the New York Times have been repeating it, reporting it. There never has been any evidence. But you don’t need evidence to impeach a president, because impeaching a president is political, and that’s why the overall effort here has always been — and remains to this day — driving Trump’s approval numbers down. And they are failing at it. A reporter says, “You previously said you wanted to wait for the Mueller report before talking about impeachment.”

PELOSI: If that is so conclusive that there’s a bipartisanship, there is a message to the president, so be it. Nixon was not – President Nixon was not impeached. The Republicans finally saw the light.

RUSH: So she’s saying that if the Mueller report is so conclusive that there’s a bipartisanship, that there’s a message to the president, so be it. Nixon was not impeached. The Republicans finally saw the light. They are revealing so much here. And they’re making the sound bite that I shared with you from last Tuesday a great prediction. Nixon wasn’t impeached. That’s right. They got his numbers down so low that the Republicans abandoned all support for him. And he would not only have been impeached, he would have been convicted.

So they sent Howard Baker up to tell him this, and that’s how they got Nixon to resign. That was Watergate. She’s admitting that they’ve got nothing but that they’re still searching, they’re still waiting. I also believe — I mentioned this last week — Nadler and his request for documents from 81 people, Trump family members and so forth looking for obstruction, I do think the Democrats have an idea what Mueller is going to report because I think every one of Mueller’s team members, Andrew Weissmann, all these prosecutors, they’re all Democrats.

Some of them are Hillary donors, but there’s not a single Republican on that team. And I think they have been all along alerting the Democrats what they’re finding and what they’ve got and what’s coming and so forth, and that’s why Nadler’s focusing on obstruction because I think the Mueller report, if anything, is gonna allege more of that than any kind of collusion.

Now, here’s Pencil Neck. This is Adam Schiff last night, CNN, Situation Room. They played a clip of Schiff talking about the prospect of impeaching Trump. Here that is.

SCHIFF: In the absence of very graphic evidence, it would be difficult to get the support in the Senate needed to make an impeachment successful. So again, you know, my feeling is let’s see what Bob Mueller produces. But the evidence will have to be pretty overwhelming.

RUSH: What do you mean the evidence has to be overwhelming? You’ve been saying the evidence is there for two years! So what has changed? What has happened here? Because they have not abandoned the objectives. They have not given up on the idea of getting rid of Donald Trump. It’s the only reason they get up every day, folks. Everything they’re doing from their presidential campaign to whatever policies they’re talking about legislating, everything is about getting Donald Trump. That has not changed.

And so Pencil Neck says, “In the absence of very graphic evidence, it’d be difficult to get the support –” Sounds like they know. Sounds like they have some kind of indication there isn’t gonna be any evidence. The only other possibility is that they think or they know there is gonna be some kind of bombshell and they’re all just setting themselves up here to sound reasonable and bipartisan so that when something is revealed that is bombshell, they can then with great credibility relaunch the impeachment effort after having spent a couple of days saying that there wasn’t enough to go forward and we’re not about impeachment anyway and that’s not who we are, we don’t want to waste time doing that. And then here come some bombshell, “Oh, look at this! Why, this changes everything,” they could say. That’s one theory being bandied about.

This is interesting. This is Terry Moran at ABC. I think he hosts Nightline. He was on This Week Sunday morning. Martha Raddatz was guest hosting for George Stephanopoulos. And she got Moran on there. She said, “Now, the big topic, of course, Terry is collusion. The president said there was no collusion. There are hints that certainly what Mueller may have been looking at is collusion. How big a deal is it if they don’t find collusion on the part of the president?”

MORAN: Huge. He’s cleared. The central and most serious question in this investigation, the reason Robert Mueller started it, is did the current president of the United States assist the Kremlin in an attack on our democracy. And if Mueller after two years comes back and says, “I don’t have the evidence to support that charge,” that’s a reckoning. That’s a reckoning for progressives and Democrats who hoped that Mueller would essentially erase the 2016 election. It’s a reckoning for the media. It’s a reckoning around the country if in fact after all this time there was no collusion.

RUSH: I don’t know what to do this, because that’s just flat-out disingenuous and untrue. If there’s no collusion, do you think these people are gonna hold themselves accountable? You think they’re gonna be running around ding mea culpas? Do you think CNN is gonna be apologizing to the audience for the two years that they pursued this, after all, nothing here? They’re not gonna do any of that. They’re just gonna move on to the next thing, and the next thing is gonna be obstruction.

There’s not gonna be a day of reckoning for the media by the media. And the media is not gonna call out the Democrat Party. This is ridiculous. This is absurd. It isn’t gonna happen. There should be. There should be a major reckoning. The media should have a major job in explaining itself and the Democrats, if there is no collusion.

Folks, there isn’t and hasn’t been any collusion. There never was any. There has never been any evidence for it. Not to say they can’t make it up. Even Manafort, even Manafort — Manafort is going to jail for things involving Ukraine, an enemy of Russia and Putin. Manafort had nothing to do with Russia and yet he’s going to jail.

And that’s why the judge sentenced him to 47 months, and that’s why the judge made a big deal at the sentencing by pointing out that there’s nothing in this trial, there hasn’t been anything in this case about collusion with Russia because there wasn’t. Manafort had nothing to do with it. Yet that’s why everybody thinks Manafort was so trial and why he’s been charged.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here’s Ed in Pittsboro, North Carolina. Great to have you with us, sir. Hi.

CALLER: Hey. Mega dittos, Rush, here from Pittsboro, North Carolina. Hey, I’d like to offer you the reason that Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff came out with their statements yesterday is because they’re standing members of the Gang of Eight, which means they get briefed. And if you remember Andy McCabe three weeks ago when he was hawking his book said, hey, when we presented this investigation to the Gang of Eight, they didn’t have any objection. So I think Mueller or someone from that office or that team has briefed the Gang of Eight in advance of its release, and I think they’re now starting to hedge their bets, and that’s what we’re starting to see with Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi.

RUSH: So you think that what this means is that they know that Mueller is going to have nothing along the lines of collusion or nothing big at all that’s impeachable, and so now they’re trying to lower everybody’s expectations and prepare them for the major disappointment that’s headed their way. You think that’s what they’re doing?

CALLER: Absolutely. And you could see it with the pivoting from the counterintelligence thing now to this other stuff that they’re doing with obstruction and anything else that will stick against the wall. Jerrold Nadler, Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, all of these folks know, without a doubt in my mind, that that report is gonna come out. And it’s not gonna contain the stuff that they were hoping it would.

RUSH: I know that is the conventional wisdom on this. These people are such tricksters, though, that I hold reservations.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: On the Pelosi impeachment thing, I also think they’ve got some polling that is causing her to pull back from this. And I also believe she is losing confidence in Pencil Neck. There may even be polling on Schiff that makes her think Schiff should not be the front man of any effort to get rid of Trump. I hope that’s not true ’cause I want him to remain the front man. But she may have evidence he’s not good for that.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/03/12/pelosi-hasnt-taken-impeachment-off-the-table/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34