Author Topic: The Dumbest Tweet of his Career? "Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly...."  (Read 2850 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Capturing it before it is deleted.

Offline ABX

Some great replies:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
What's the big deal? Maybe he's right.

Maybe you could say the same about cars. Okay, the more modern, the better but they cost an arm and a leg to fix. So, that is a bit subjective to say.

Offline ABX

Maybe you could say the same about cars. Okay, the more modern, the better but they cost an arm and a leg to fix. So, that is a bit subjective to say.

Except even with a few of the recent tragedies (which cause hasn't been identified so we have no clue if it is 'complexity'), statistics continue to show that air travel and aircraft are getting safer and less dangerous. That technology he complains about, is what is making it safer...

..but don't let that get in the way of getting people scared and fired up over something that has virtually zero probability of impacting them.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It's about as dumb as Obama lamenting how ATM's have replaced walking up to a teller to get money at a bank.

It gives the appearance in both cases that the person talking is a Luddite.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline GrouchoTex

Sounds like he is raging against the machine.
All facets of life are becoming more automated, flying is definitely no exception.
I think he is realizing, if he hadn't already, that there will be a price to pay for progress.
Humans will not be require to fulfill task, suck as flying, driving, etc...
Humans (specifically, Americans) need not apply for these jobs.

Maybe he is just waxing nostalgic?
 :shrug:

The times they are a-changin'
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:07:41 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I can hardly wait to see Space Force.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goatprairie

Some years ago The Mythbusters did an episode on landing jet airliners.  First, without any previous flying experience for any of them, both Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman, using a simulator,  successfully landed a jet airliner thanks to the plane's advanced computer guidance system.
Next, they tried to land one without the computer guidance system. They both crashed.
Statistics prove that traveling by commercial airliners is far safer than it was even twenty years ago.
Worldwide, and especially in the U.S., deaths from airliner crashes have become extremely rare.
However, in the U.S. alone about 400-500 people die annually in small plane crashes. So if your friend the doctor asks if you want to go on a trip with him the pilot in his small plane, maybe you should think twice about it.  Great professionals don't necessarily make great airplane pilots.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Say what you want, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, China are all grounding this Boeing model of airplane.

Yes, one hears of small plane crashes all the time, that is so.

Offline skeeter

I don't know why he feels it necessary to comment in cases like this. Such a comment would be totally unremarkable and ordinary were he the average guy in a lunchroom but in his position they only provide grist for the usual suspects, at the very least.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I don't know why he feels it necessary to comment in cases like this. Such a comment would be totally unremarkable and ordinary were he the average guy in a lunchroom but in his position they only provide grist for the usual suspects, at the very least.

So true.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Somehow, I doubt he wants the new AF1 dumbed down.

The President, who has repeatedly expressed his exasperation at his aging aircraft, wanted to meet face-to-face with Muilenburg to reach the deal, two officials said. It was seen as rather unusual for the President to be directly involved in negotiations.

The President repeatedly asked in the meeting how soon the plane could be ready, two officials said, and was fixated on a time frame of at least 2021. It remains an open question whether the Air Force can complete its testing and modifications by then. It wasn't scheduled to be ready until at least 2024.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/02/27/politics/boeing-air-force-one-donald-trump/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DTrump%2Bstrikes%2B%25243.9%2Bbillion%2Bdeal%2Bwith%2BBoeing%2Bfor%2Bnew%2BAir%2BForce%2BOne
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

I can hardly wait to see Space Force.
I think he favors this model

<Image removed>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:52:37 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Absalom

The self-educated and brilliant Ancients, were reflective listeners and observers.
In contrast, we dim-bulb Moderns are relentless yappers, always in motion.
Trump's tweets are an increasingly loud cry that he's needy of ATTENTION!!!!!

Offline Rivergirl

He's piling on Boeing.   He's a Lockheed guy.

Offline ABX

Say what you want, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, China are all grounding this Boeing model of airplane.

Yes, one hears of small plane crashes all the time, that is so.

Australia bans firearms because of a few deaths.
China bans religions they don't like, guns, and censors the internet worse than 1984 predicted.

I don't really think those should be used as an example for rational decision making.

Offline ABX

There is the rub. He doesn't have to comment. There is absolutely zero reason to do so and a million not to comment.

Reminds me of this.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Capturing it before it is deleted.

Thank you for proving your ignorance of modern electronics. Muslim?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He's piling on Boeing.   He's a Lockheed guy.

Which makes no sense because it's Boeing building the new AF1.

And his personal plane is a Boeing 757.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 05:36:44 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Absalom

There is the rub. He doesn't have to comment. There is absolutely zero reason to do so and a million not to comment.

Reminds me of this.

--------------------------------------
Those words belong to Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain).

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Doesn't he have anything better to do?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I miss the days when we had a polished, smooth-talking President.  Times were great when Obastard was President.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

I miss the days when we had a polished, smooth-talking President.  Times were great when Obastard was President.

Mr. ATMs are bad and hurting all 57 states was just as dumb. He just said it with his nose higher in the air.