Author Topic: Support for Trump dwindles among ICE officers  (Read 414 times)

Offline Hoodat

Support for Trump dwindles among ICE officers
« on: March 12, 2019, 01:56:36 pm »
Support for Trump dwindles among ICE officers

By Stephen Dinan     |     The Washington Times     |     Monday, March 11, 2019

ICE officers who endorsed President Trump in 2016 now say he has failed to follow through on his get-tough promises, saying catch-and-release of immigrants living illegally in the U.S. is not only still happening, but has gone into “overdrive.”

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers say they’re being roped into such mundane tasks as opening the doors on vans to release immigrants already caught by Border Patrol agents. That’s dragging the officers from their usual duties of nabbing fugitives, or scouring local prisons and jails for immigrant criminals who lived illegally in the U.S. ready to be deported.

The shell game is all the more “ridiculous,” the officers said, because Border Patrol agents could fill out paperwork and open the doors themselves, but the agency’s leaders don’t want to be part of catch-and-release.

“Hundreds of man hours are wasted each day at a time of crisis on the border,” the leaders of the National ICE Council, the union that represents ICE officers, said in a letter sent directly to Mr. Trump on Monday.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/11/support-for-donald-trump-dwindles-among-ice-office/

SSDD
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

Re: Support for Trump dwindles among ICE officers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 02:10:07 pm »
C'mon fellas - t'wasn't Trump who sued you in Ms. L v. ICE.

Thank Judge Dana Sabraw of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 02:11:50 pm »
Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.......

He hasn't followed through on his promises to protect our borders.

Surprised, anyone?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 02:16:24 pm »
C'mon fellas - t'wasn't Trump who sued you in Ms. L v. ICE.

Thank Judge Dana Sabraw of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.

Absolutely!  That's exactly where all the anger should be directed!  Unless you look at it like I do. In that case, it still falls on the President because he should have told Judge Dana Sabraw to stick her opinion where the sun doesn't shine and to stay in her lane from now on!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 02:24:36 pm »
Absolutely!  That's exactly where all the anger should be directed!  Unless you look at it like I do. In that case, it still falls on the President because he should have told Judge Dana Sabraw to stick her opinion where the sun doesn't shine and to stay in her lane from now on!

Not when his party will not support him. And it will not.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 02:27:10 pm »

That is a fair point!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 02:52:49 pm »
Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.......

He hasn't followed through on his promises to protect our borders.

Surprised, anyone?

Yes, I am surprised.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 03:09:15 pm »

Nuts.  No one in the GOP is standing in the way of Trump expediting asylum hearings.  Heck, he even campaigned on expediting the legalization of illegals.  He certainly can expedite the processing of their asylum cases.

It simply is a matter of thinking outside the box, which unfortunately is damn difficult for a President who embraces the Establishment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-