Author Topic: NY State Auditors Looking to Bill Those Fleeing State’s High Taxes  (Read 1437 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

New York state auditors are looking to stick wealthy residents fleeing the state’s high taxes with a hefty bill to make up for a $2.3 billion budget deficit.
New York Democrat Gov. Andrew Cuomo, one of President Trump’s most vocal critics, blamed the Trump administration and a GOP lawmaker- backed tax reform plan reducing state and local income tax deductions for New Yorkers fleeing the state.

“This is the flip side. Tax the rich, tax the rich, tax the rich,” Cuomo announced in February. “We did. Now, God forbid, the rich leave.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/09/ny-state-auditors-looking-to-bill-those-fleeing-states-high-taxes/

I really doubt that the Governor knows what he is saying.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They're going to quickly learn the concept of a vicious circle. The more they squeeze, the more people will run.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

They voted for it.  Embrace the Suck.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Tracing back to the original article, they are going after people who say they moved but still have a home in NY to determine where their primary residence actually is.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Didn't they do this to Rush Limbaugh when he moved out of NYC?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As a total amateur, I would advise anyone looking to leave New York but still do some business there... get a location in a neighboring state and commute. The thing about New York City is that New Jersey and Connecticut are right across the river.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Bill Cipher

As a total amateur, I would advise anyone looking to leave New York but still do some business there... get a location in a neighboring state and commute. The thing about New York City is that New Jersey and Connecticut are right across the river.

I wouldn’t suggest either state; they’re both high tax nutcases.