Author Topic: I helped open all military jobs to women. We can’t go backward.  (Read 1194 times)

rangerrebew

I helped open all military jobs to women. We can’t go backward.

By Leon E. Panetta
March 11 at 6:53 PM

Leon E. Panetta, the chairman of the Panetta Institute, was budget director and White House chief of staff under President Bill Clinton and defense secretary and CIA director under President Barack Obama.

Six years ago, I had the honor of ending the final vestige of overt gender discrimination in the government, when, along with then-Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey, we opened all military jobs to qualified women. People often ask me whether the decision to put women on the front lines of combat was a difficult one. It was not. When we made the decision, many women were already serving in combat zones. Moreover, the military has a responsibility to uphold the most fundamental American value of equality of opportunity for all.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-helped-open-all-military-jobs-to-women-we-cant-go-backward/2019/03/11/1d69df9c-4437-11e9-aaf8-4512a6fe3439_story.html?utm_term=.0a4a38e2e285

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The hell we can't.  There are jobs in the military that women shouldn't be in and not just because they're women.

And there's the whole lowering of the standards to make sure the right percentage of females pass.

Panetta and the ball breakers on the DACOWITS committee are more interested in political correctness than how effectively we can win wars.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

Liberals see the military as a social program, ripe for social engineering.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Liberals see the military as a social program, ripe for social engineering.

They always have seen us that way...and then you get someone like Obama who has a real hard on for the military and his intent was to break us.

He almost succeeded.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why isn't Leon in prison?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Truman desegregated the millitary, and took much criticism for it.

During my service time, ffirmative action ruled strongly. Less qualified soldiers got promotions, merely for their race.

However I have yet to see posted   a reproduction of a military document, stating clearly lower standards for females.

Just internet forum jaabber.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:14:53 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Panetta:
"I helped open all military jobs to women. We can’t go backward."

Yes, we CAN "go backward" -- back to normalcy.

Get women out of combat, and KEEP THEM out of it.
No rational society sends its women into combat.
(I said, "rational"...)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The hell we can't.  There are jobs in the military that women shouldn't be in and not just because they're women.

And there's the whole lowering of the standards to make sure the right percentage of females pass.

Panetta and the ball breakers on the DACOWITS committee are more interested in political correctness than how effectively we can win wars.
:thumbsup:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

During my service time, ffirmative action ruled strongly. Less qualified soldiers got promotions, merely for their race.

However I have yet to see posted   a reproduction of a military document, stating clearly lower standards for females.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/off-duty/military-fitness/2017/05/21/new-concerns-that-lower-fitness-standards-fuel-disrespect-for-women/

Any posted reproduction of a military document would likely be a career ender.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

Why isn't Leon in prison?

He's a democrat. 888buttkisser

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: I helped open all military jobs to women. We can’t go backward.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 02:13:54 pm »
He's a democrat. 888buttkisser

Yep!  One set of laws for thee and another for me!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 02:24:59 pm »

You'll never see it because something like that will never be put in writing.  That would be a tacit admission that the Liberal claim that women can do everything a man can is false.

But there is anecdotal evidence going all the way back to the first women Navy Fighter pilots in the early 90's that the standards were either altered or lowered.

Women are getting more recycles in things like Ranger and SF school than their male counter parts would ever be allowed.

There are some SF instructors currently on the hot seat for penning an anonymous letter stating that the standards for selection have been lowered to insure females graduate.

General Dempsey himself at one point said there will be no failures for females at the Infantry School.

And these days it's female soldiers that aren't as qualified as their male counterparts who get promoted because their male (and sometimes female) superiors are scared to death of being his with even the accusation of a sexual harassment complaint.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 02:28:54 pm »
You'll never see it because something like that will never be put in writing.  That would be a tacit admission that the Liberal claim that women can do everything a man can is false.

But there is anecdotal evidence going all the way back to the first women Navy Fighter pilots in the early 90's that the standards were either altered or lowered.

Women are getting more recycles in things like Ranger and SF school than their male counter parts would ever be allowed.

There are some SF instructors currently on the hot seat for penning an anonymous letter stating that the standards for selection have been lowered to insure females graduate.

General Dempsey himself at one point said there will be no failures for females at the Infantry School.

And these days it's female soldiers that aren't as qualified as their male counterparts who get promoted because their male (and sometimes female) superiors are scared to death of being his with even the accusation of a sexual harassment complaint.

So cultural Marxism (AKA political correctness) is killing our military as well!  How lovely! /s

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 02:35:01 pm »
So cultural Marxism (AKA political correctness) is killing our military as well!  How lovely! /s

It has been in incremental steps since I first raised my hand in 1992.  Clinton did it in a slow creep females on carriers female F-14 pilots and female attack helicopter pilots....It pretty much stalled under W...but the biggest and most destructive strides happened under Obama.  Not sure where Trump stands on it so... :shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 02:57:42 pm »
In 1969 a trainee had to complete the mile run on a cinder track, in combat boots and fatigue trousers, in 6 minutes or less for a perfect 100 score; Just one of five events in the PT score total.

Perhaps fewer than ten percent could max the the mile run event.

Very few got perfect "500" scores, which involved upper and lower body strength, speed and agility..

Today I read recently the standard now is a two mile run in 20 minutes. My guess is that by the end of basic over half the "men" could max that event.

Without further data, it seems that ALL standards have been lowered, so fat guys and girls canparticipate.

I wonder if the Chinese, Russians, musslims will water down their standards, so the fat guys and girls can participate?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 03:10:04 pm »
In 1969 a trainee had to complete the mile run on a cinder track, in combat boots and fatigue trousers, in 6 minutes or less for a perfect 100 score; Just one of five events in the PT score total.

Perhaps fewer than ten percent could max the the mile run event.

Very few got perfect "500" scores, which involved upper and lower body strength, speed and agility..

Today I read recently the standard now is a two mile run in 20 minutes. My guess is that by the end of basic over half the "men" could max that event.

Without further data, it seems that ALL standards have been lowered, so fat guys and girls canparticipate.

I wonder if the Chinese, Russians, musslims will water down their standards, so the fat guys and girls can participate?

That number is the maximum that will be allowed in the new 6 event PT test they are rolling out next year. And it won't be based on age or sex either.  At least for now.

Currently...in my age group (47-52) I have a maximum time of 19:22 to complete the 2 mile run.  The alternate event the 2.5 mile walk has a maximum time of 37 minutes.

Current PT test is only three events...push ups situps and the 2 mile run.  Scores based on age and gender.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 03:13:46 pm »
I'm in excess of 70 years old and would bet money that I can walk two miles in under 20 minutes.  Might have to walk a little faster than normal though.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 03:53:38 pm »
Looks like the case is closed. The military HAVE reduced physical standards, so everybody can participate.

My Basic Platoon leader (reservist) was doing his 6 month traininh stint. He was a college hurdler. He was about 6 ft. 6 inches, tall.

He could NOT run the mile under 6 minutes. Therefore he could NOT get a max 500 score.

One of the 5 events, was carrying a man your own weight on a course. Another was hand over hand on the bars.

Still another event was an agility course.

We were ALL males, at the end of 8 weeks training. War was raging in Vietnam. Nixon had just promised he had a secret to end the war.