Author Topic: A mysterious payment to Paul Manafort’s lawyer reveals a hidden chapter of Trump’s 2016 presidential  (Read 926 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
WASHINGTON — Recent court filings from special counsel Robert Mueller shed new light on a mysterious payment to lawyers for Paul Manafort, the onetime chairman of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

The payment, for $125,000, was made in June 2017, halfway through Trump’s first year in office. But it wasn’t disclosed publicly until late last year, when prosecutors accused Manafort in court filings of repeatedly lying to them about where the money actually came from. Manafort was convicted in 2018 of tax evasion and bank fraud, and sentenced in Virginia on Thursday to 47 months in prison. He faces another sentencing next week in Washington, D.C.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/10/paul-manafort-lawyer-mysterious-payment-hidden-chapter-of-trump-2016-campaign.html?ref=hvper.com
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

A fairly detailed article given the background of Manafort connections and reach into the Trump political machinations, even after he left the campaign. There may be some reconsideration of potential pardons as this unfolds. It’s looking like Manafort and his cronies were taking advantage of the political naïveté to create skimming and kickback schemes, plus the possibility of funneling illegal foreign money into the inaugural committee.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/manafort-linked-pac-failed-to-report-1-million-and-the-fec-wants-to-know-why

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/us/politics/trump-inauguration-investigation.html

Offline Victoria33

A fairly detailed article given the background of Manafort connections and reach into the Trump political machinations, even after he left the campaign. There may be some reconsideration of potential pardons as this unfolds. It’s looking like Manafort and his cronies were taking advantage of the political naïveté to create skimming and kickback schemes, plus the possibility of funneling illegal foreign money into the inaugural committee.
@edpc

I read all the article which is rather long.  The names of PACs and companies and weaving of several of Trump's long time friends, in and out of those, requires a score card to keep up with the transfer of large amounts of money between those entities.  I also think there will be election laws broken and other crimes committed by the inauguration committee.  I read some time ago, that Trump's daughter, in charge of part of the inauguration committee was setting the amount people had to pay to stay at their hotel in Washington during the inauguration, and she charged $160,000 a night.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@edpc

I read all the article which is rather long.  The names of PACs and companies and weaving of several of Trump's long time friends, in and out of those, requires a score card to keep up with the transfer of large amounts of money between those entities.  I also think there will be election laws broken and other crimes committed by the inauguration committee.  I read some time ago, that Trump's daughter, in charge of part of the inauguration committee was setting the amount people had to pay to stay at their hotel in Washington during the inauguration, and she charged $160,000 a night.

Blah Blah Blah.  Get back to us when you read sometime about facts.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

For all the NT's.  11-6-2017.    They say TRUMP is chosen by God, to do this work.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 03:33:38 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@edpc

Please @Victoria33 either post a link or stop spamming threads with nonsense.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:52:43 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Bill Cipher

For all the NT's.  11-6-2017.     You are against Gods..wishes. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Really?  So Trump is God’s anointed savior for us?  The Second Coming, perhaps?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
For all the NT's.  11-6-2017.     You are against Gods..wishes. 

Thanks for occasionally reminding us how uh.......   (Not a good day to be banned) you are.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

Blah Blah Blah.  Get back to us when you read sometime about facts.

You seem to be following me around writing tacky personal attacks to me such as the one above.  I DO NOT ENGAGE IN PERSONAL ATTACK WORD FIGHTS.  @mystery-ak has a rule about that - you should read it.

Offline edpc

Please @Victoria33 either post a link or stop spamming threads with nonsense.

It’s not nonsense, though that was the rate for use of the ballroom, not for hotel rooms.

Trump Inauguration Money Went to Trump Organization With Help From Ivanka, Report Says

Emails reviewed by the news outlets showed that Ivanka Trump connected Gates with Mickael Damelincourt, managing director of the hotel. Damelincourt then responded with a different rate of $175,000 per day for use of the Presidential Ballroom and meeting rooms, with a $700,000 charge for four days of use.

https://www.thewrap.com/trump-inauguration-money-went-to-trump-organization-with-help-from-ivanka-report-says/

Offline LegalAmerican

Really?  So Trump is God’s anointed savior for us?  The Second Coming, perhaps?

Did NOT... say anything like that.  They are saying, God has chosen TRUMP to save our country.
You may believe it or not.   Just some interesting comments by the man who did some research on president TRUMP. 
I just think president TRUMP is a HUMAN BEING...much nicer than most give him credit FOR!  But with daily, 24/7 bashing of a good man, a HUMAN man, how could some people like him, right?  I SEE PAST THE B.S. POSTED ABOUT HIM.

He is just great. Perfect to me.  Did you listen to the UNTRUTHS ABOUT Donald Trump...from May 2015?  VIDEO'S. A SERIES...so many lies told by media, demon-rats and other uninformed people, who are ANTI-AMERICANS.