Author Topic: Measles Is Making a Comeback. Here’s How to Stop It.  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Measles Is Making a Comeback. Here’s How to Stop It.
« on: March 12, 2019, 03:12:44 am »
Measles, a virus that invades the nose and throat, causing fever, cough and phlegm, is one of the most contagious pathogens on the planet. Before 1963, it infected some four million people every year in the United States alone. Nearly 50,000 of them would land in the hospital with complications like severe diarrhea, pneumonia and brain inflammation that sometimes resulted in lifelong disability. Of the 500
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 so patients who died from these complications each year, most were children younger than 5.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Measles Is Making a Comeback. Here’s How to Stop It.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 05:35:28 am »
Not a comment on this?   

Seriously.  You all suck.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 07:25:45 am »
Nah, the speakers on this machine suck, I'm in a noisy environment, and won't be able to listen to the frigging video until later.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 11:18:42 am »
Well, Ghost, some of us do sleep at night.  LOL

Cute video.  I also think, in addition to the anti-vax crowd, most of the diseases that  we once thought gone are coming back because of the invasion of illegals and so-called refugees.  In their home countries, these supposedly extinct diseases are thriving and they are bringing these diseases into the US with them.  I also think the strains the invaders are carrying might be more potent than thne ones we had when I was a kid. 

Of course, neither the CDC nor anyone else in government will even raise the possibility, let alone address it.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 12:04:18 pm »
Not a comment on this?   

Some of go to bed so they can go to work in the morning.

If you don't want the illness that comes with the measles, get the vaccine.  Cheap and easy.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 12:46:42 pm »
Well, Ghost, some of us do sleep at night.  LOL

Cute video.  I also think, in addition to the anti-vax crowd, most of the diseases that  we once thought gone are coming back because of the invasion of illegals and so-called refugees.  In their home countries, these supposedly extinct diseases are thriving and they are bringing these diseases into the US with them.  I also think the strains the invaders are carrying might be more potent than thne ones we had when I was a kid. 

Of course, neither the CDC nor anyone else in government will even raise the possibility, let alone address it.

I suspect the anti-vaxers are a very minor part of the problem, but the media is anxious to blame them so the public doesn't have another reason to oppose this nations ridiculous immigration policies.

20 million plus unscreened, unvaxinated people in the country from rat infested crapholes, with thousands more families showing up every week at the border and we're supposed to think a few thousand Alex Jones fans in Oregon are responsible for these formerly dead diseases popping back up? Its counterintuitive.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 02:08:55 pm »
I suspect the anti-vaxers are a very minor part of the problem, but the media is anxious to blame them so the public doesn't have another reason to oppose this nations ridiculous immigration policies.

20 million plus unscreened, unvaxinated people in the country from rat infested crapholes, with thousands more families showing up every week at the border and we're supposed to think a few thousand Alex Jones fans in Oregon are responsible for these formerly dead diseases popping back up? Its counterintuitive.

Thinking this is a small regional problem is nonsense.  It is a World wide problem.

The Anti-vaccination Movement: A Regression in Modern Medicine
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6122668/
2018 Jul

...In the UK, for example, the MMR vaccination rate dropped from 92% in 1996 to 84% in 2002. In 2003, the rate was as low as 61% in some parts of London, far below the rate needed to avoid an epidemic of measles [23]. In Ireland, in 1999-2000, the national immunization level had fallen below 80%, and in part of North Dublin, the level was around 60% [24]. In the US, the controversy following the publication of the study led to a decline of about 2% in terms of parents obtaining the MMR vaccine for their children in 1999 and 2000. Even after later studies explicitly and thoroughly debunked the alleged MMR-autism link, the drop in vaccination rates persisted [25].

As a result, multiple breakouts of measles have occurred throughout different parts of the Western world, infecting dozens of patients and even causing deaths. In the UK in 1998, 56 people contracted measles; in 2006, this number increased to 449 in the first five months of the year, with the first death since 1992 [26]. In 2008, measles was declared endemic in the UK for the first time in 14 years [27]. In Ireland, an outbreak occurred in 2000 and 1,500 cases and three deaths were reported. The outbreak was reported to have occurred as a direct result of a drop in vaccination rates following the MMR controversy [28]. In France, more than 22,000 cases of measles were reported from 2008 - 2011 [29]. The United States has not been an exception, with outbreaks occurring most recently in 2008, 2011, and 2013 [30-32]....

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 08:29:09 pm »
Thinking this is a small regional problem is nonsense.  It is a World wide problem.

The Anti-vaccination Movement: A Regression in Modern Medicine
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6122668/
2018 Jul

...In the UK, for example, the MMR vaccination rate dropped from 92% in 1996 to 84% in 2002. In 2003, the rate was as low as 61% in some parts of London, far below the rate needed to avoid an epidemic of measles [23]. In Ireland, in 1999-2000, the national immunization level had fallen below 80%, and in part of North Dublin, the level was around 60% [24]. In the US, the controversy following the publication of the study led to a decline of about 2% in terms of parents obtaining the MMR vaccine for their children in 1999 and 2000. Even after later studies explicitly and thoroughly debunked the alleged MMR-autism link, the drop in vaccination rates persisted [25].

As a result, multiple breakouts of measles have occurred throughout different parts of the Western world, infecting dozens of patients and even causing deaths. In the UK in 1998, 56 people contracted measles; in 2006, this number increased to 449 in the first five months of the year, with the first death since 1992 [26]. In 2008, measles was declared endemic in the UK for the first time in 14 years [27]. In Ireland, an outbreak occurred in 2000 and 1,500 cases and three deaths were reported. The outbreak was reported to have occurred as a direct result of a drop in vaccination rates following the MMR controversy [28]. In France, more than 22,000 cases of measles were reported from 2008 - 2011 [29]. The United States has not been an exception, with outbreaks occurring most recently in 2008, 2011, and 2013 [30-32]....
I would highly suspect that the UK has had its share of refugees from third world crap holes, too.

If the pathogen is not within the community, and others come in, they bring the pathogens with them. Only then does 'herd immunity' fail. Even animals are leery of letting outsiders join their herd. We have suppressed that survival instinct with a lot of bleeding heart nonsense, most of which is promoted by outfits who are feeding at the public trough, paid to bring these people in, by the head.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 08:48:23 pm »
I would highly suspect that the UK has had its share of refugees from third world crap holes, too.

If the pathogen is not within the community, and others come in, they bring the pathogens with them. Only then does 'herd immunity' fail. Even animals are leery of letting outsiders join their herd. We have suppressed that survival instinct with a lot of bleeding heart nonsense, most of which is promoted by outfits who are feeding at the public trough, paid to bring these people in, by the head.

In places like London, believing that no one of the herd will ever travel to a place and bring the disease back with them is insane.  When 40% of your herd is hoping others will keep them safe and not use the protection of modern medicine is at least approaching insanity.

Illegal aliens (they are NOT immigrants) are part of the problem, no doubt.  But even without them, it is not a closed society.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 09:20:25 pm »
Not a comment on this?   

Sorry, I'm still trying to get my head around the Shingles and Vasectomy things. 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 10:13:33 pm »
In places like London, believing that no one of the herd will ever travel to a place and bring the disease back with them is insane.  When 40% of your herd is hoping others will keep them safe and not use the protection of modern medicine is at least approaching insanity.

Illegal aliens (they are NOT immigrants) are part of the problem, no doubt.  But even without them, it is not a closed society.
I'll grant this is not a closed society, however the distribution of people brought in by previous administrations has had an undeniable effect on the distribution of pathogens either not native to these shores or generally only found in people who had visited the regions where they are endemic. EV-D68 is a fine example, previously confined to central America, now distributed throughout the US, and an unprecedented number of cases have sprung up where there were none. I can think of no better way to distribute pathogens, or even a bioweapon, than to send carriers through an unsuspecting population--something paid for by our tax dollars. CDC https://www.cdc.gov/non-polio-enterovirus/about/ev-d68.html 
From https://www.pharmacytimes.com/news/enterovirus-d68-how-did-the-current-outbreak-begin
In a 2014 outbreak of EV infection across the United States, investigators affiliated with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identified EV-D68 as the causative pathogen in 19 of 22 cases reported in Kansas City. EV-D68 infection was also associated with 11 of 14 cases reported in Chicago.

Previously in the United States, EV-D68 was uncommon. A total of 79 cases occurred from 2009 to 2013, according to the National Enterovirus Surveillance System. This recent outbreak represents a substantial growth in the incidence of EV-D68.3

The spread of EV-D68 and other viruses around the world is concerning considering that the disease can lead to hospitalizations that, in some cases, require ventilatory support. Deaths associated with EV-D68 infection have also been reported.1-3

Most recently, a young child in New Jersey died of EV-D68 infection, and 5 new cases were reported in the state.4,5

So what happened? We let in and distributed central american refugees, throughout the US under the Obama Administration, also famous for bringing Ebola to these shores. Cities hardest hit had some of the highest numbers of relocated children.

Interestingly, while there is a school of thought that blames much of the demise of native American populations on pathogens circulated accidentally or intentionally by Europeans (esp Smallpox), we open our borders without regard for the diseases that might be hitchhiking in. The folks at Ellis Island paid more attention than modern medicine does.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 12:36:47 pm »
...The folks at Ellis Island paid more attention than modern medicine politicians does.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 01:13:22 pm »

Sadly, modern medicine has become infected with the need to be politically compliant. Especially when Obama was POTUS, that which shed bad light on his policies was muted if not suppressed.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 05:32:52 pm »
An Assistant DA just contracted Typus at work at City Hall in LA. They're looking at changing all the carpets.

So yeah, illegal immigration is a big part of it.

The Anti Vax crowd aren't all automatically wearing tin foil hats, with FDA approving Gardasil.

It's so toxic they have to split it up into 3 seperate injections and it still crippled a whole bunch of girls and young women.

The makers blamed it on a manufacturing issue, but every batch of it no matter where it was made All had the same recombinant DNA in it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 05:37:04 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com