Author Topic: Texas senator files measure to turn entire state into a “gun sanctuary,” nullifying ALL federal gun  (Read 1376 times)

rangerrebew

Texas senator files measure to turn entire state into a “gun sanctuary,” nullifying ALL federal gun control laws

Posted on March 11, 2019

By J. D. Heyes

In October 2017, in direct defiance of POTUS Donald Trump’s efforts to crack down on so-called “sanctuary cities” through the enforcement of all federal immigration laws, then-California Gov. Jerry Brown signed landmark legislation declaring the entire state a sanctuary for illegal aliens.

The Democrat super-majority ruling the Golden State celebrated the legislation as a rebuke of the president, but in reality, what SB 54 really does is hinder the federal government’s immigration authority.

No matter, as The Los Angeles Times reported then:

Legal experts have said federal officials may try to block the law in court to keep it from being implemented. Some doubt such challenges would be successful, pointing to the 10th Amendment and previous rulings in which courts have found the federal government can’t compel local authorities to enforce federal laws.

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019/03/11/texas-senator-files-measure-to-turn-entire-state-into-a-gun-sanctuary-nullifying-all-federal-gun-control-laws/

rangerrebew

I love it!!  What will the Supreme Soviet, Nazi Pelosi, Chuckie Schumer, et al, complain about?  Oh, they'll come up with something but it won't outweigh the murders, rapes, drug flow, gang warfare, welfare cost, education cost, medical cost , or housing costs of "sanctuary cities." *hmmmm*

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So, if California can be an illegal alien sanctuary state, then Texas can be a legal gun ownership sanctuary state.  It would seem that Texas would have the stronger case, but probably not in the upside-down nation we now live in.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Texas should turn the entire state into its own independent republic.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I'm coming more and more to that line of thinking daily!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

So, if California can be an illegal alien sanctuary state, then Texas can be a legal gun ownership sanctuary state.  It would seem that Texas would have the stronger case, but probably not in the upside-down nation we now live in.

Its time we acknowledge the Left has slipped the bonds of the US Constitution, at least those provisions which do not suit them. They just haven't issued the press release yet.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Its time we acknowledge the Left has slipped the bonds of the US Constitution, at least those provisions which do not suit them. They just haven't issued the press release yet.

And, they won't until the transition is irreversible. 

Offline thackney

Texas First. Texas Forever.
Join 381,432 Texans in pledging their support for #TEXIT
https://tnm.me/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Texas First. Texas Forever.
Join 381,432 Texans in pledging their support for #TEXIT
https://tnm.me/

It really is a thing? 

Offline thackney

It really is a thing?

It is a thing.  What that thing is, is debatable.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline verga

I'd like to see more states do this.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's an expansion of what we're seeing happen with county sheriffs in some blue states and it's a good thing.

The push back against tyranny has to start at the lowest level to be successful.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It really is a thing?
@Sanguine
Sure is a thing. I've been to some meetings. They are working tirelessly in the Texas legislature.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
Sure is a thing. I've been to some meetings. They are working tirelessly in the Texas legislature.

Good!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
California - illegal sanctuary
Texas - 2nd Amendment sanctuary.

Yet more evidence that the nation is "dividing", perhaps irreconcilably.

How much time left 'til the next "Fort Sumter" ??

Offline verga

And now Hawaii wants to repeal the 2nd Amendment. WTF is wrong with these idiots!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And, they won't until the transition is irreversible.
Well, not until THEY think so. They may be in for a surprise.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

And now Hawaii wants to repeal the 2nd Amendment. WTF is wrong with these idiots!
The only conclusion one can come to is that this is not mere stupidity.
It is an ongoing effort to destroy the basic fabric of America, using our very conventions against us for as long as possible, to weaken the nation through divisive social means to the point that resistance will be minimal and the ability to resist compromised.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
God help us all if it goes beyond the ballot box and Courts.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

God help us all if it goes beyond the ballot box and Courts.
We need His help if we are to avoid that, as well.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
We need His help if we are to avoid that, as well.

That and a whole lot more.

:thumbsup:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

I find myself thinking about this almost daily. I love America and have felt so profoundly grateful to have been born an American, but now I believe I'm looking at its rapid demise as a constitutional republic. I want off this ship before it sinks. I'd be happy to "start over" in Texas with a new constitutional republic (as America was intended to be). Then we must take extreme care to never make the same mistakes that has brought America to such a precarious place, keeping in mind the cautionary words of Ronald Reagan: If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth.

P.S. I recently took the CHL class. The things I learned regarding our gun laws vs. other states made me so thankful to be a Texan. There are no words sufficient to describe how I love Texas -- for a jillion reasons. The gun laws are just the cherry on the sundae!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 05:12:36 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

• Wulf Anson Author
"Freedom is never more than a generation away from extinction. It must be taught daily."