Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez doesn't think Trump impeachment is off the table  (Read 426 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ocasio-Cortez doesn't think Trump impeachment is off the table
By Juliegrace Brufke - 03/11/19 08:19 PM EDT

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) doesn't think Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is completely shutting the door on impeaching President Trump.

"She's always demonstrated leadership that takes all kind of factors into account," Ocasio-Cortez told reporters on Monday. "Legally I don't think it's something that can ever be 100 percent off the table, but if that's how she feels right now I respect that."

Pelosi in an interview on Monday told The Washington Post: "I've been thinking about this: Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there's something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don't think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he's just not worth it."

Ocasio-Cortez noted that there are a number of "unsettled variables" including the much-anticipated report generated by special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation that could play into how House Democrats ultimately decide to proceed.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/433593-ocasio-cortez-doesnt-think-trump-impeachment-is-off-the-table
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Ocasio-Cortez doesn't think Trump impeachment is off the table
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 02:52:52 am »
She does lead the party, so party leaders disregard her at their peril, right?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington