Author Topic: Trump says he called Apple's CEO 'Tim Apple' to save time after reportedly telling donors he never s  (Read 686 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Why does he feel the constant need to lie about the dumbest things. He should have just shrugged it off.

President Trump tweets that he quickly said "Tim Apple" at a White House event "to save time & words."
The comment brought about a wave of jokes online, including from Tim Cook himself who changed his last name on Twitter to the Apple logo.
Trump's tweet walks back comments he made to Republican donors on Friday, according to a report from Axios, where he said he'd actually called Cook "Tim Cook Apple."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/11/trump-defends-his-tim-apple-comment.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Why does he feel the constant need to lie about the dumbest things. He should have just shrugged it off.

I always thought he ran for POTUS on a whim.  Maybe another whim will result in him allowing Pence or another conservative to take the helm in '20.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

That, and the constant reflexive need to get in Twitter wars with anyone who utters or posts even the slightest of slights against him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
That, and the constant reflexive need to get in Twitter wars with anyone who utters or posts even the slightest of slights against him

Exactly.  Surprised the dims haven't baited him with some child getting into a twitter war with him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Rivergirl

He constantly makes excuses for himself.    His followers constantly make excuses for him.
Perfect together.

Offline aligncare

Looks like I’m just in time for the next anti Trump thread...

:2popcorn:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So, what did he lie about?  Tim Cook's last name? 

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
So, what did he lie about?  Tim Cook's last name?

No, he lied about making a pretty innocent harmless mistake about his name. Which is bizarre.

Offline Applewood

Trump has this image of brilliance and perfection.  Can't have anything show he's human like the rest of us.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No, he lied about making a pretty innocent harmless mistake about his name. Which is bizarre.

I just don't think it's worth getting worked up about.  He may have actually believed he said what he said he said.  I don't think some of those lies are actually lies - he is a bit sloppy and he moves very fast, and may have misspoken without realizing it. 

I'll save the outrage for important stuff. Of which there is plenty.

Offline thackney

I just don't think it's worth getting worked up about.  He may have actually believed he said what he said he said.  I don't think some of those lies are actually lies - he is a bit sloppy and he moves very fast, and may have misspoken without realizing it. 

Ditto
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

• Technical

Who's worked up? I said it's bizarre, which it is.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Who's worked up? I said it's bizarre, which it is.

What's bizarre?  That he may have believed what he was saying or that he might have misspoken?

• Technical
What's bizarre?  That he may have believed what he was saying or that he might have misspoken?

:facepalm2:

Offline Applewood

What I think is odd and actually, tragic, is that he is so obsessed with his image of perfection that he can't admit he made a mistake and that he has to invent this ridiculous story about saying Tim Apple to save time.  He could have admitted his mistake and/or male a joke about it or even ignored the criticism.  But no.  He had to find some excuse to preserve that perfect image. 

Offline skeeter

Trump's comments aren't whats remarkable, the childish fixation of the media is.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 12:59:47 pm by skeeter »