Author Topic: House Republicans find silver lining in minority  (Read 307 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Republicans find silver lining in minority
« on: March 11, 2019, 12:33:58 pm »
House Republicans find silver lining in minority
By Scott Wong and Juliegrace Brufke - 03/11/19 06:00 AM EDT

House Republicans would much rather be in the majority, passing bills and fulfilling President Trump's agenda. But they are quickly realizing that life in the minority can come with some perks — and some easy political victories.

In the opening weeks of the new Congress, Republicans created headaches for Democrats and scored small political wins, using procedural tactics on the floor to divide Democrats on a landmark gun reform bill and force them to reject late-term abortion legislation on a near-daily basis.

Trump and House Republicans sat back and watched last week as Democrats ripped each other apart about whether incendiary comments by freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) were anti-Semitic.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/433281-house-republicans-find-silver-lining-in-the-minority
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: House Republicans find silver lining in minority
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 01:32:47 pm »
The opening sentence made me wonder whether this was satire.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 01:33:23 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 01:46:13 pm »
The biggest silver lining I have seen so far is to rid ourselves once and for all of the worthless Paul Ryan in Congress.

The golden boy never amounted to anything resembling conservatism.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 02:08:32 pm »
Republicans know their role is to be "The Washington Generals"

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 02:25:04 pm »
The opening sentence made me wonder whether this was satire.

Its always been obvious the GOP is more comfortable in the minority. Just trot out an anti-flag burning bill every year and you're golden.

BTW I got a kick out of the part about it being a good thing the GOP body is 'leaner'.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 02:27:45 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 02:27:48 pm »
The biggest silver lining I have seen so far is to rid ourselves once and for all of the worthless Paul Ryan in Congress.

The golden boy never amounted to anything resembling conservatism.

@IsailedawayfromFR

I never got why he was supposed to be so important,either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 03:41:37 pm »
The feckless pubbies love the minority. They get to talk big and do nothing, which is just what they do when they have the majority.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 04:11:08 pm »
The GOP has had the majority in the House for the past 8 years under Ryan and previously Boehner.  They had the majority in both Houses for the past 4 years.  What the heck did they accomplish???  Not jack squat.  They played the blame game very well.  These past 4 years they have absolutely NO excuse for not doing something and pushing back against the DEMS. Trump has absolutely no excuse as to why he waited till the 11th hour to push for the wall and to me, is very questionable.

Yes.  I am absolutely fed up with the b.s., games of blame and smoke and mirrors.  They are so good at creating a bunch of noise to make it actually look they are doing something, yet here we sit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.