Author Topic: AOC Says People Should Be Excited About Automation  (Read 357 times)

rangerrebew

AOC Says People Should Be Excited About Automation
« on: March 11, 2019, 11:17:44 am »
AOC Says People Should Be Excited About Automation

Steven Ahle March 11, 2019

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gets dumber by the moment. Because of increasing demands to pay workers well above what a job is worth has driven companies to go full automation. In that process, many people lose their jobs.

But AOC says that is a good thing because if you don’t have to work, you have more time for the pursuit of creative passions. But, how do they afford to pursue them if they aren’t working? Well, the left has an answer for that and it comes from Bill Gates. The idea, which AOC says she agrees with would tax robots at 90% and that money can be paid to people with no jobs.

But, would that really work? The left thinks that the rich and corporations will just sit idly by and take the mass redistribution of wealth, but they won’t. What they will do is pack up their companies and then cross the border into Mexico or drive them overseas. Look at what happened in Cincinnati. They built a new baseball and football stadium, with prime land in between them for building stores and restaurants.

https://steadfastandloyal.com/politics/aoc-says-people-should-be-excited-about-automation/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:1431720&utm_campaign=The%20Dumbest%20Elected%20Official%20Says%20You%20Should%20Be%20Happy!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: AOC Says People Should Be Excited About Automation
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:24:59 am »
Daily, this woman proves that while knowledge is limited, stupidity is, indeed, boundless.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 12:12:38 pm »
Maybe we should automate politicians, couldn't be any worse.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 01:12:06 pm »
I had a chance to talk to somebody who used to work as an assistant professor in a university. We got to talking about her and I brought up the fact that how is it that an economics major does not know the difference between a subsidy and a tax incentive? He said when he was part of the university system, there was pressure to graduate a certain number of females and/or minorities in certain majors. She may have been one of the recipients of that in economics

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 01:45:00 pm »
I had a chance to talk to somebody who used to work as an assistant professor in a university. We got to talking about her and I brought up the fact that how is it that an economics major does not know the difference between a subsidy and a tax incentive? He said when he was part of the university system, there was pressure to graduate a certain number of females and/or minorities in certain majors. She may have been one of the recipients of that in economics
When I was last at university more than a quarter century ago, I was almost as old as many of the professors who taught classes in my major.
One time after class one of my professors (all but one of my profs was a political liberal despite it being a mostly non-political subject...unless ground water and soils are somehow political) who I was friendly with started talking about the university's efforts to hire more female professors in his department which at the time had no permanent female profs. and only one visiting female prof (who by the way was excellent) and who taught a specific subject where no other prof in the department was proficient.
He exhibited a certain amount of frustration and anger relating to how his department was forced to interview only female professors for an open spot in the department.  None of the female profs interviewed were competent, but the university admin was demanding they hire at least one female for the new position.
Fortunately, I graduated before all that came to pass.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 03:08:42 pm »
What does it mean to tax a robot at 90%? 90% of what?

Anyway, AOC has the inane idea that automation is a 1-for-1 replacement of people by "robots" - she's apparently too young and ignorant to get that automation in the form of sophisticated IT systems already do work that used to take hordes of accountants, analysts, planners and so on. How many people don't work in retail stores because 10% of retail sales are now online? Automation doesn't just take over a job, it often makes the job itself completely obsolete.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA