Author Topic: Hundreds rally for and against oil and gas bill at Colorado Capitol  (Read 910 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hundreds rally for and against oil and gas bill at Colorado Capitol
https://kdvr.com/2019/03/05/hundreds-rally-for-and-against-oil-and-gas-bill-at-colorado-capitol/

DENVER — A renowned Colorado Democrat is speaking out against an oil and gas bill currently being considered by state lawmakers. In a press release, Ken Salazar said the bill is “too extreme for Colorado.”

Salazar served as a U.S. senator, Colorado attorney general and secretary of the interior under President Barack Obama.
>snip<

“Colorado has played a key role in securing that energy independence for our nation. Colorado is a leader of renewable energy. Colorado is also a center of oil and gas,” the statement reads, adding that more than 100,000 Coloradans work in the industry and it provides $1 billion in funding for schools and roads.

“S.B. 181 will wrongly bring our Colorado energy success story to an end,” Salazar said.

Salazar said the bill would allow local governments to effectively ban oil and gas development.

This is a big deal in Colorado. Proponents also ignore the potential loss of jobs, tax revenues, and even property values as another State flirts with a serious exodus of people and revenue.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Hundreds rally for and against oil and gas bill at Colorado Capitol
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 01:02:22 pm »
The same state that has created a 'Civil Rights' Commission to take away the civil rights of its citizens as proven in court, has most certainly been educating its younger soon-to-be citizens in the evils of oil and gas.

The results for Colorado will be less jobs and higher energy costs, unquestionably.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 03:48:35 pm »
According to https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2017/08/01/economic-impact-of-colorado-s-oil-and-gas-sector.html,
Colorado’s oil and gas industry supported 232,900 jobs in the state and contributed $31.38 billion to the state’s economy in 2015 — the year industry activity nose-dived due to low commodity prices.

This Bill is somewhere between killing the Golden Goose and shooting one's self in the foot.

Denver has been the main headquarters for a lot of Oil companies in the Rocky Mountain Region. Makes a guy wonder how all those buildings would look empty.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 03:55:24 pm »
According to https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2017/08/01/economic-impact-of-colorado-s-oil-and-gas-sector.html,
This Bill is somewhere between killing the Golden Goose and shooting one's self in the foot.

Denver has been the main headquarters for a lot of Oil companies in the Rocky Mountain Region. Makes a guy wonder how all those buildings would look empty.
New Mexico isn't far behind.......

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 04:04:08 pm »
New Mexico isn't far behind.......
I wonder how many illegals on a treadmill it would take to generate enough electricity to heat/light Denver?

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 08:22:35 pm »

How about both?????
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 08:23:25 pm by Joe Wooten »