Author Topic: Texas tubing starts this weekend: 'It's river time'  (Read 737 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas tubing starts this weekend: 'It's river time'
« on: March 10, 2019, 07:50:14 pm »
Houston Chronicle by Madalyn Mendoza 3/8/2019

Texas tubing begins this weekend.

A number of outfitters will be open for business and ready to send people down the Guadalupe and Comal rivers.

"It's river time," Rockin R River Rides, which works on both waterways, said on Facebook, with a video showing a steady flow of water on the Guadalupe.

More: https://www.chron.com/lifestyle/article/Texas-tubing-tradition-starts-this-weekend-13673519.php

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Texas tubing starts this weekend: 'It's river time'
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 01:58:10 am »
Spring got here Tuesday.  The redbud and wild cherry are blooming and I've seen some bluebonnets.  And, my fig tree and pomegranate survived and are all budded out. I'm loving the weather.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 06:41:30 am »
 *****rollingeyes*****

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 01:34:00 pm »
Spring got here Tuesday.  The redbud and wild cherry are blooming and I've seen some bluebonnets.  And, my fig tree and pomegranate survived and are all budded out. I'm loving the weather.
As long as the rain abates, I agree.  Been a wet several months, and kept me from doing a lot of outside chores I do when the weather is cooler.

My intuition tells me it will suddenly turn hot and lose this normally productive time of the year.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 01:48:26 pm »
As long as the rain abates, I agree.  Been a wet several months, and kept me from doing a lot of outside chores I do when the weather is cooler.

My intuition tells me it will suddenly turn hot and lose this normally productive time of the year.

Same here with the outside chores.  We got +10 inches more rain that usual last year.  Looks like I'm living in a rain forest.