Author Topic: 18 Real Attacks on the ‘Rule of Law’  (Read 203 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
18 Real Attacks on the ‘Rule of Law’
« on: March 10, 2019, 05:39:24 pm »
18 Real Attacks on the ‘Rule of Law’

By Adam Mill| March 9th, 2019

Donald Trump, we are told over and over and over again, threatens the “rule of law.” To pick a piece at random, I note that Joel Mathis of The Week recently wrote, “When we talk about Trump and the rule of law, mostly we talk about how he’s flouting and evading the constraint of laws he doesn’t like: His newly declared state of emergency to circumvent Congress’ refusal to appropriate funds for a Mexican border wall is just the best recent example.” You don’t have to take my word for the absurdity of this claim that the emergency declaration flouts the rule of law; read the New York Times: Trump has, at a minimum, a colorable legal claim for this emergency declaration.

In the Mathis example, as in most of these cases, the “violation” generally amounts to a policy difference or the departure from a “norm” like the one used to buck presidential oversight of powerful federal agencies.

The suffocating sanctimoniousness of the “Trump-is-threatening-the-rule-of-law” crowd is exceeded only by their hypocrisy. Don’t believe me? Here is a list of 18 actual violations of the law and Constitution done in service of removing Trump from office. I’ll bet you can’t find a single objection from any of these “rule-of-law” hand wringers to these flagrant and unpunished transgressions of the law...

https://amgreatness.com/2019/03/09/18-real-attacks-on-the-rule-of-law/?fbclid=IwAR06Moy13HRUgyIH3tbyFmjKeDlnlOtceFLeiuzCxE9Tk9V6wGeLVfw_piQ
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien