Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Reagan Used ‘Racist’ Caricatures to Divide Americans  (Read 627 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
10 Mar 2019

Saturday at the South by Southwest Conference & Festivals in Austin, TX, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said former President Ronald Reagan used “racist,” caricatures to pit “white working-class Americans against brown and black working-class Americans.”

Ocasio-Cortez said, “One perfect example, I think a perfect example of how special interests and the powerful have pitted white working-class Americans against brown and black working-class Americans in order to just screw over all working-class Americans, is Reaganism in the ’80s when he started talking about welfare queens.”

She added, “So you think about this image; welfare queens and what he was really trying to talk about was he was paining this photo, he was painting this like really resentful vision of essentially black women who were doing nothing that were ‘sucks’ on our country. And it’s this whole tragedy of the commons type of thinking where it’s like because these one, this one specific group of people, that you are already kind of subconsciously primed to resent, you give them a different reason that’s not explicit racism but still rooted in a racist caricature. It gives people a logical reason, a ‘logical’ reason to say, ‘oh yeah, no, toss out the whole social safety net.'”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/03/10/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-reagan-used-racist-caricatures-to-divide-americans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
So glad I left Austin eight years ago.
Again the moron doesn't know her history and how the government destroyed the black nuclear family with welfare. Facts aren't caricatures.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Reagan left office two years before this ninny was born, yet she feels comfortable telling all of us what he was about.

Keep it up, unctuous twit.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
So glad I left Austin eight years ago.
Again the moron doesn't know her history and how the government destroyed the black nuclear family with welfare. Facts aren't caricatures.

I submit that caricatures are merely exaggerations of 'facts'/features.

Caricatures are more honest than parodies.

Last week it was John Wayne.  This week, it's Ronald Reagan.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

When I saw the word "caricature," I said to myself, "I didn't know President Reagan was an artist."

No I know what she means and as usual, she's wrong.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:38:59 pm by Applewood »

Offline skeeter

I submit that caricatures are merely exaggerations of 'facts'/features.

Caricatures are more honest than parodies.

Last week it was John Wayne.  This week, it's Ronald Reagan.

AOC's gibberish falls more into the 'fantasy' catagory.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!