Author Topic: Pressure: House to demand release of Mueller report due to 'overwhelming public interest'  (Read 191 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Pressure: House to demand release of Mueller report due to 'overwhelming public interest'
by Pete Kasperowicz
 | March 10, 2019 12:00 AM

The House next week will send another signal to special counsel Robert Mueller that he needs to release his final report on President Trump's alleged collusion with Russia.

Democratic leaders have scheduled a vote on a resolution from House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., and other committee chairmen that calls for the public release of Mueller's final report. It also calls on the Justice Department to release his final report to Congress.

"[T]he need for transparency is most pronounced with regard to investigations that involve the President or individuals associated with his campaign," the resolution said.

"[T]he allegations at the center of Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation strike at the core of our democracy, and there is an overwhelming public interest in releasing the Special Counsel’s report to ensure public confidence in both the process and the result of the investigation," it added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pressure-house-to-demand-release-of-mueller-report-due-to-overwhelming-public-interest
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

Offline libertybele

My hunch is this could backfire.  The Mueller investigation may show Clinton collusion.
"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey it laws; to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies." -William Page

Offline The Ghost

• TBR Contributor
Never ask for anything unless you know what you are going to get.   The House Rats better be careful.

Offline BassWrangler

Better to release the whole thing than let House Democrats get it in private and then selectively leak in order to spin.

Offline Once-Ler

My hunch is this could backfire.  The Mueller investigation may show Clinton collusion.
It does seem like the rats want to talk only about Mueller.  That is the point of this useless resolution.  Keeping the report in the news when there is no new news from Mueller to salivate over. 

If the rats are not going to work with the GOP Senate and President Trump on anything, then useless resolutions and partisan investigations are all they have to work with.
President Trump - "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • "Heads I win, Tails you lose."
Demand all you want, Waddler.  It's not up to you because Mueller doesn't work for you, he works for the DoJ.

I happen to think it's in the President's best interest to release it all and let the chips fall on the Rats' heads.
I will NOT comply.
                                                                                           :dontfeed:
Home Sweet Home!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • "Heads I win, Tails you lose."
Better to release the whole thing than let House Democrats get it in private and then selectively leak in order to spin.

And leak they will.
I will NOT comply.
                                                                                           :dontfeed:
Home Sweet Home!

Offline MeshugeMikey

their petulance will doubtless be rewarded in  manner they cant begin to imagine.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
their petulance will doubtless be rewarded in a manner they cant begin to imagine.

:0001:
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
    • The Conservative Fist
Considering all the hush-hush reindeer games Mueller plays with the court system, it would be ironic if the report never saw the light of day.
The Conservative Fist: https://twitter.com/arguedpolitics - follow me and I'll follow you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf