Author Topic: New York City is edging toward financial disaster, experts warn  (Read 377 times)

rangerrebew

New York City is edging toward financial disaster, experts warn

By John Aidan Byrne

March 9, 2019 | 10:10pm

Christopher Sadowski

New York City is careening closer to all-out financial bankruptcy for the first time since Mayor Abraham Beame ran the city more than 40 years ago, experts say.

As tax-fleeced businesses and individuals flee en masse, and city public spending surges into the stratosphere, financial analysts say Gotham is perilously near total fiscal disaster.

Long-term debt is now more than $81,100 per household, and Mayor de Blasio is ramping up to spend as much as $3 billion more in the new budget than the current $89.2 billion.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/09/new-york-city-is-edging-toward-financial-disaster-experts-warn/

Offline Applewood

Re: New York City is edging toward financial disaster, experts warn
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 01:55:54 pm »
What a surprise!

Actually, I see a number of cities and states heading for disaster.  As the article points out, tax and spend is killing them.  As the overburdened producer population flees, there is no one left to pay to hold the governments up. 

Maybe they can get the feds to help by printing mooe money.  Yeah.  That'll work.   *****rollingeyes*****

Online LMAO

Re: New York City is edging toward financial disaster, experts warn
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 02:03:23 pm »

Maybe they can get the feds to help by printing mooe money.  Yeah.  That'll work.   *****rollingeyes*****

That’s what may end up happening

This is the result of too many promises to too many people. That, along with the ditz driving out high paying jobs.

This may dampen De Blasio’s promises of healthcare for all NYC residents.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy