Author Topic: The true, bloody story of Delta Force's ironman  (Read 323 times)

rangerrebew

The true, bloody story of Delta Force's ironman
« on: March 09, 2019, 08:26:09 am »
The true, bloody story of Delta Force's ironman

My Delta Selection class gifted the Unit with ten U.S. Army Rangers. K2 was one of the ten. He spoke very little, but his Ranger brothers spoke for him:

"Yeah, well, there's strong and then there's K2 strong," was a catchphrase among the men. I guess so... or, I mean I just didn't get it. He was medium in every way as I saw it; medium build, personality, intelligence, spirit... I just didn't see where the super strength part came into play.

Perhaps I would eventually.

In my day, the Unit was a very evenly split down center with 50% of the operators from the Rangers and the other half, including me, from the Green Beret groups. To us, the Rangers were rigid meatheads; to them, we were lazy cheaters. I resented but agreed with the Rangers' assessment of us Green Beanies — in fact, it is the very reason why I left the groups to seek out Delta.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/military-culture/delta-force-ironman
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 08:26:48 am by rangerrebew »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The true, bloody story of Delta Force's ironman
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 02:06:13 pm »
I mean I just didn't get it. He was medium in every way as I saw it; medium build, personality, intelligence, spirit... I just didn't see where the super strength part came into play.

You can never see determination until the chips are down and it's "root hog,or die". Some people are just incapable of giving up. They would rather die than quit.

Which pretty much describes the majority of the operators in the Ranger Battalions and in SF.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!