Author Topic: Trump says Cohen asked him 'directly' for pardon  (Read 533 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says Cohen asked him 'directly' for pardon
« on: March 08, 2019, 05:32:09 pm »
Trump says Cohen asked him 'directly' for pardon
By Jordan Fabian - 03/08/19 11:29 AM EST

President Trump on Friday claimed Michael Cohen asked him “directly” for a pardon, an allegation that would contradict the former Trump lawyer and fixer’s congressional testimony last week. 

“He lied! Additionally, he directly asked me for a pardon. I said NO. He lied again!” Trump tweeted.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/433217-trump-says-cohen-asked-him-directly-for-pardon
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump says Cohen asked him 'directly' for pardon
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 11:13:05 pm »
And Mr. Giuliani’s statement comes as the White House is seeking to undermine Mr. Cohen’s credibility on a wide range of issues after his scathingly critical testimony about Mr. Trump on Capitol Hill last week.

“I always gave one answer, and they always left disappointed,” Mr. Giuliani said.

Mr. Giuliani said he could not confirm that such a conversation took place with lawyers for Mr. Cohen, citing attorney-client privilege.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/us/politics/giuliani-trump-pardons.html

Well, the problem is, Trump has said Cohen asked him directly. If this occurred before June 2018, Cohen was still the president's attorney. The client controls privilege, which Trump obviously just waived, by mentioning it. So, if they really want the DOJ to investigate this for perjury, guess who just made himself a witness, who would have to make a statement under oath?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 11:13:56 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.