Author Topic: Republican congressman releases full transcript of Bruce Ohr hearing #swamp #deepstate  (Read 598 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Top House Republican unilaterally released the transcript to highlight Justice Department official's ties to Steel dossier author.

March 8, 2019, 10:41 AM CST
By Mike Memoli and Alex Moe

WASHINGTON — A top House Republican on Friday unilaterally released the transcript of congressional testimony from a top FBI official last summer, highlighting connections between federal investigators and the source of opposition research into President Donald Trump’s Russia connections that the GOP has argued undermines the impartiality of the Mueller investigation.

Rep. Doug Collins of Georgia, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, said he chose to release testimony by Bruce Ohr, a career Justice Department official who most recently led the department’s organized crime and drug task forces, to highlight what he called a “very disturbing pattern of behavior at the Department of Justice” as it conducted politically-charged investigations into both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign.

Ohr testified before a joint Judiciary and Oversight Committee “task force” last year as part of the GOP-led inquiry that focused heavily the origins of the Russia investigation. No Democrats participated in the interview, which occurred during Congress’ August recess.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/republican-congressman-releases-full-transcript-bruce-ohr-hearing-n980991
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Free Vulcan

Is there a link to the actual allegedly released transcript somewhere?  Can't seem to find that in the NBC article.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@Free Vulcan

Is there a link to the actual allegedly released transcript somewhere?  Can't seem to find that in the NBC article.

Found one:

https://dougcollins.house.gov/sites/dougcollins.house.gov/files/Ohr%20Interview%20Transcript%208.28.18.pdf
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien