Author Topic: How Joe Biden has cleared the 2020 field — and how he hasn't  (Read 250 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

March 8, 2019, 7:55 AM CST
By Chuck Todd, Mark Murray and Carrie Dann

WASHINGTON — In one way, former Vice President Joe Biden’s anticipated entry into the 2020 presidential race has started to clear the Democratic field.

This week alone, both former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown said they were no-gos.

But here’s another way to look at it: Biden’s likely entry has BARELY cleared the field. Outside of Bloomberg and Brown, Democrats already have 12 major candidates running — and that number doesn’t include Biden, Beto O’Rourke, Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet, and Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/how-joe-biden-has-cleared-2020-field-how-he-hasn-n980891
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: How Joe Biden has cleared the 2020 field — and how he hasn't
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 03:50:23 pm »
IF they can keep slow joe from creepy photo ops with little girls he might be Trump's toughest opponent.

Esp, if he can go faux-centralist
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: How Joe Biden has cleared the 2020 field — and how he hasn't
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 06:36:52 pm »
This must be a lame attempt to beef up Biden's shaky stature. There's nothing to suggest that Biden had anything to do with Brown and Bloomberg realizing they'd be wasting their time. It's ridiculous how many non-candidates feel the need to formally announce their "official" non-candidacy to the world, but I suppose in every case now the media will try to credit Biden.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA