Author Topic: Federal lawsuit: Texas senator intervened in DPS investigation  (Read 1121 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Federal lawsuit: Texas senator intervened in DPS investigation

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The legal battle over an alleged "culture of corruption" at the Texas Department of Public Safety — DPS — continues in federal court with an amended lawsuit that now includes claims from a current corporal with the Texas Highway Patrol, a division of the law enforcement agency.

The new 52-page lawsuit alleges that Senator John Whitmire, D-Houston, intervened with DPS Director Steven McCraw to terminate the investigation of a male captain and a female trooper subordinate who were allegedly having an inappropriate relationship. Female corporal Katherine Gibson reportedly filed the complaint that sparked the internal investigation after she expressed concerns about how the two were behaving in uniform on Capitol grounds...

https://www.kxan.com/news/investigations/federal-lawsuit-texas-senator-intervened-in-dps-investigation/1818125094?fbclid=IwAR3bYwr9RCPzHGnyIo2UPwJNCqDvMFukMWnxS6gt9VsQu43NTPFGI9tu37w
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Federal lawsuit: Texas senator intervened in DPS investigation
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 08:06:58 pm »
Why federal?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 08:32:34 pm »
Why federal?

Likely because everyone involved knows that no one in Texas is going to touch "the dean of the senate" .   John Whitmire has been Chairman of the Corrections Committee for a LONG time and has acquired lots of friends!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 02:05:47 am »
Likely because everyone involved knows that no one in Texas is going to touch "the dean of the senate" .   John Whitmire has been Chairman of the Corrections Committee for a LONG time and has acquired lots of friends!
That by itself is not a cause to usurp what appears to be a state issue.

I do believe in federalism.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 02:08:03 am »
That by itself is not a cause to usurp what appears to be a state issue.

I do believe in federalism.

As do I.   I was simply trying to answer your question.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 02:27:44 am »
I think this Thread needs some Woman Sheriff/Gun p0rn.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.