Author Topic: Corey Feldman Says He Can 'No Longer Defend Michael Jackson' amid 'Horrendous' Allegations  (Read 617 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Corey Feldman Says He Can
'No Longer Defend Michael Jackson' amid
'Horrendous' Allegations

Maria Pasquini

"I can not in good consciousness defend anyone who’s being accused of such horrendous things,”

Although Corey Feldman was friends with Michael Jackson, the former child star says that in wake of the allegations made against the late singer in the new documentary Leaving Neverland, he can no longer defend Jackson.

On Wednesday, Feldman appeared on CNN’s Headline News to further clarify comments he made on Monday afternoon — after HBO had aired the first part of the bombshell documentary, but before airing the second — in which he criticized the filmthis link opens in a new tab, calling it one-sided.

Sharing that this has been “a very emotional time for me,” Feldman, 47, began explaining his earlier tweets by asking “people to put themselves in my shoes.”

“You’re a kid who has endured sexual abuse and during those times, I’m looking to somebody like Michael Jackson as a friend, as a big brother figure. And he was that person to me,” he said. “However, as you’re friends with this guy, all of a sudden you start to hear more and more accusations thrown around by various people.”

“It comes to a point where as an advocate for victims, as an advocate for changing the statutes of limitations to make sure victims’ voices are heard, it becomes impossible for me to remain virtuous and not at least consider what’s being said and not listen to what the victims are saying,” he shared, adding that it’s “very important” to “consider all sides of this, even as uncomfortable as that might be.”

http://people.com/music/corey-feldman-can-no-longer-defend-michael-jackson/
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Smooth FM bans Michael Jackson songs amid fresh abuse allegations

Australian station joins three in Canada and two in New Zealand in boycott after Neverland documentary airs accusations

An Australian radio network has pulled Michael Jackson’s music from its airwaves amid fresh allegations that the late singer sexually abused children.

The Nova Entertainment Company, which counts easy-listening station Smooth FM among its stable, became the first Australian company to take action after the accusations were aired in a British-made documentary, Leaving Neverland, on Sunday.
Michael Jackson estate launches PR blitz as documentary airs in UK
Read more

It joins at least three radio stations in Canada, one in the Netherlands, as well as New Zealand’s public broadcaster RNZ and its major commercial rivals Mediaworks and NZME.

“The decisions we make about the music we play on any of our stations are dependent on the relevance to the audience and the current context,” said Paul Jackson, NOVA Entertainment’s group programme director.

“In light of what is happening at the moment, smoothfm is not currently playing any Michael Jackson songs.”

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/07/smooth-fm-bans-michael-jackson-songs-amid-fresh-abuse-allegations
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Why we shouldn’t boycott Michael Jackson’s music, even after sexual-abuse allegations

Mark Kingwell is a professor of philosophy at the University of Toronto.

The vivid revelations of sexual abuse by pop star Michael Jackson – unproven in court, but hauntingly recounted by survivors in a recent documentary and an Oprah Winfrey special – have raised once again that thorny question: Can you still enjoy the art or wisdom of someone who is alleged to have done evil?

Mr. Jackson’s family vehemently denies any wrongdoing at his objectively creepy Neverland estate, complete with its youth-chasing Peter Pan themes. The estate is vilifying the young men who have come forward with their stories of seduction, grooming and worse, which go back to 1993. We may never know exactly what happened on those 2,800 acres near Los Olivos, Calif., and Dan Reed’s documentary Leaving Neverland reprises old rumours, but cannot definitively prove them beyond the first-person accounts.

Three major Quebec radio stations, the BBC, Norwegian radio and at least one Dutch outlet have now boycotted MJ’s music in the wake of this recent publicity. Others are sure to follow. Many former fans are likewise sickened and censorious, and indisputably, the King of Pop has had his crown knocked down. It wasn’t so long ago, of course, that Mr. Jackson held his infant son over a balcony in Berlin, apparently one step away from dropping Prince Michael II onto the pavement below. But the pressing question now is whether Mr. Jackson’s work is irredeemably tainted – and whether we can ever listen to his music innocently again.

Everyone must make their own calls on this. Personally, I find it easy to separate the man from his music. I will go to my grave loving the Motown-era Jackson Five versions of I Want You Back and ABC, with Little Michael in angel-voiced glory. And the 1983 Motown Special performance riveted my world with a new Michael, complete with the game-changing moonwalk.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-why-we-shouldnt-boycott-michael-jacksons-music/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If he was guilty, then he faces a higher judge. If not, declaring guilt by the number of people in the chorus reeks of a lynch mob mentality.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

If he was guilty, then he faces a higher judge. If not, declaring guilt by the number of people in the chorus reeks of a lynch mob mentality.

I agree.

He had me since Billie Jean and Thriller.

Brilliant deviant.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I agree.

He had me since Billie Jean and Thriller.

Brilliant deviant.

It certainly puts this song in a new light.   :whistle:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Pure Genius.

Okay....just genius!   But genius nevertheless.